Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikki07271984
Level 7

Re: Are you being returned to Home screen after selecting a channel?

I already use the mobile app and still no luck only had this tv for a year and the volume doesn’t work well either

0 Kudos
49turk
Level 7

My   channels keep going to the home page when the time hits straight up at the hour and does so at every hour on the hour continuously!

0 Kudos
TW720HVY
Level 8

• Your Roku device model: 4670X - Roku Ultra
  • Serial Number - YJ00GX287427
  • Device ID - KW904G287427
  • What channels and what version/build are the channels - Hulu Version 6.53 - Build 0
  • Issue ID - 27-434-864

Every time I try to select a hockey game to watch it goes immediately to the Roku Home Screen.  It has also just gone back to the home screen after watching regular live TV.  Roku has restarted on its own.

0 Kudos
Kimmerwill
Level 7

Re: Roku keeps freezing and going back to home screen

Both of mine do it too, a real pain

0 Kudos
MasterChang
Level 9

Ok,   Problem only occurs on Hulu so far.  At the end of a program instead of going forward to the next program it returns the screen to the home page.  For example if you are watching MSNBC live at the end of the show it returns to the home screen, does it with others programs on Hulu.  My Roku firmware is up to date.  I deleted Hulu and reinstalled it.  I deleted Hulu, restarted Roku and reinstalled Hulu, the problem persists.

The serial number device ID

roku hulu problem.jpg

0 Kudos
Ndev0678
Level 7

Constant disconnect ting fro Hulu. Even after reinstalled. 

• Your Roku device model 3900x Romulo express
  • Serial Number. YGOO8JO48765
  • Device ID. C33838048765
  • What channels and what version/build are the channels Hulu 6.53bo
  • Issue ID (To generate an Issue ID, on your remote, press Home 5x then Back 5x (next to Home) in quick succession, and you'll see an Issue ID pop up on your screen. Let us know what that Issue ID is here).65-435-862
0 Kudos
BustaCap
Level 7

I’m only posting this observation for ROKU code monkeys consideration.
After reading this thread and correlating my own experience, the root cause seems to have begun when ROKU and it’s app developers started incorporating the “Are you still there” or are your still watching time outs into the mix. This is a dumb idea and it appears the unintended cascade of problems has resulted in a system wide device contamination with this code.
My suggestion is to revert back to the software load prior to this idea being introduced into the code and never attempt to micromanage the end user experience. If we want to leave our channels running 24/7, you make that possible on the provider end and not corrupt the viewer experience with annoying pop up queries.

Montrob
Level 8

I am constantly being returned to the Roku home screen while using Hulu Live. I've done all the suggested EXCEPT.....removing the batteries from the remote, downloading the Roku mobile app & using that. I didn't buy my Roku with a remote to then use another device to control my Roku (cell phone, iPad, etc...)

Not sure how long I've been streaming Hulu Live...but it's been a few months & I've never had this happen. In my book that indicates a bad Roku update & should addresses by Roku IT.

This is aggravating as heck. 

Evanh123
Level 7

I have been having this issue for at least a month now and I’m tired of not being able to watch anything after spending $300 on a new tv. I have factory reset it multiple times deleted and re-downloaded the apps, taken all the batteries out of remotes and I am still unable to watch because it returns me to the Home Screen. 

My information is as follows:

Model: Roku TV 7822X

onn.model: 100012585

Serial Number: YN00KJ789721

Device ID: E0814K789721

I am having issues with: Netflix, Hulu, Amazon prime video, HBO Max

Software version: 10.5.0, build 4191-AT

Issue ID: 21-435-955

It is frustrating that this is still happening four months after you posted this thread but I really just want to use my TV……. Please help me out here @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
RJalder
Level 9

Doesn’t happen on my backup Amazon Firestick kept around for occasions such as this. Roku sucks? Maybe 

0 Kudos