Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bravo_Alpha_Fox
Level 7

Re: Are you being returned to Home screen after selecting a channel?

I'm having this issue today with the YES Network Channel.  Tried deleting and restarting  Roku and then reinstalling the channel without success 2x.  Any fixes?

0 Kudos
foleyjm
Level 7

TCL Roku TV Serial # YK00CD645238 Netflix, Apple+, Prime, Spotify all return to home screen. I tried removing the batteries from the remote and using the mobile app, that didn't work. 

0 Kudos
MissouriMatt
Level 7

This was happening daily on our TCL roku TV a few months ago. I found the fix in this thread back then but people still posting months later with same issue. Google 'clearing cache on smart TV'. Haven't had the problem since. Just a sequence of button presses with the remote did the trick....

0 Kudos
TheNachoCheese
Level 9

I didn't look through all 42 pages of this thread, but has anyone tested if clearing the cache fixes this? I cleared caches on all my Roku's a couple months ago, and although wasn't experiencing these problems beforehand, I also have not experienced them since.

Go to Home screen

Hit HOME 5 times.
UP once.
REWIND twice.
FAST FORWARD twice. (clears cache & tv reboots itself.)

0 Kudos
Joseph3
Level 9

I have tried everything.  I am sure that this return to home thing is an intermittent problem.. There are times everything is ok and then they are not.. Today I did a System Reset (not a Factory Reset).  And as of this writing...all is well for several hours so far.

0 Kudos
gord31
Level 7

Model 3930CA - Roku Express

Serial Number: X00400WH4GD8 (S014306H4GD8)

Software version 10.0.0 build 4209-AE

Issue ID D8-381-070

The unit worked fine up until this update. Multiple channels would stop playing so I gradually removed all but the Roku channel (Version 4.2 build 3) and TuneIn (Version 2.5 build 3)

ANY video streaming gets shut down after 2-3 minutes but TuneIn can run for HOURS without problems.

0 Kudos
Bravo_Alpha_Fox
Level 7

So I tried a reset, but since I was using the Roku app to control the stick since I lost the remote, I now cannot use the device at all. Major fail.

0 Kudos
Kminzey
Level 7

Yes. For the past couple of days my tv kicks me back to Home Screen after 1 minute into an app. 
model# 7827x

serial# yn00uj803634

version 10.0.0 build 4209-AT

issue ID 34-423-453

all apps involved

0 Kudos
Carterjcox86
Level 7

Re: Roku keeps freezing and going back to home screen

I'm having the same problem with my Hisense Roku TV. It only happens with Netflix. Its not the wifi connection cause every other device in my house streams just fine. This is constant to the point that I cannot even stream Netflix anymore.

0 Kudos
PC5
Level 7

Strangely enough, removing the batteries from my remote, downloading and using mobile Roku app, then reloading the batteries and using my remote resolve the problem.

I hope the working on fix for this, because who would've known to ever try that solution?