Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Are you being returned to Home screen after selecting a channel?

@Mag616 @Tburnosky 

Try the 4 listed steps in the post right above yours.

Joseph3
Level 9

Isn't something I've done a dozen times before....This time...same ol' same ol'...back to square one!

Husband222
Level 7

My TV has done it since we got it we keep resetting it and still same thing it's on all apps plays for a minute then home screen  I'm sick of this TV biggest waste of 500 bucks. How do I fix it I can't afford another **bleep** tv

Daviesa1
Level 7

I have done everything listed on this thread is this still a known issue? If so I’ll send all the information you’re requesting.

roptix
Level 7

Youtube TV stopped working.  When launching, only taken back to ROKU home screen.  Deleted the app.  Now the Youtube TV app is entirely gone for the ROKU app store and is not discoverable via the ROKU tv app.  Updated the TV, Factory Reset TV.

Model: 5315X

Serial #: 2N0057371856

Soft V: 10.0.0 build 4209-12

Issue ID: 56-378-594

roptix
Level 7

So Roku and Google F**Ked everyone who uses Youtube TV on one of Roku's POS TVs.  Without notification of any kind, Roku disabled Youtube TV.  Which then forces people to go through a process of updating the tv, deleting the app, factory resetting, etc.   All to finally get to the point of re-loading the app, only to find out that Roku has REMOVED and PROHIBITS the app from being downloaded at ALL.

So now we have a POS TV and are paying for YouTube TV subscription that can't actually be used.  

Take note Roku - class action l*wsuit coming your way.  Hope you are f-ing bankrupted by the end of 2022.

jediwompa
Level 8

We are having this issue with YouTube TV as well.

salguod
Level 7

Sharp Roku TV 5318X

Serial number 2N00HM100601

ID 7E469H100601

YouTube 2.20 93005146

Issue id 01-378-872

YouTube Andrea YouTube TV go immediately black to home when launched. Netflix and Hulu seem to work fine. Haven't checked others. Tried restarting, removing and reinstalling the apps (which meant I lost YouTube TV), removing and then restarting before reinstalling, tried removing the remote battery andusing the phone app as a remote. Nothing works.

What did work was installing a Chromecast. But I really like the Roku and have 3 and would prefer to keep them. YouTube live is how we participate in our virtual church services now.

Need a solution, ASAP.

Lyndee
Level 9

I downloaded the app used my phone as a remote it did not work 

0 Kudos
Lyndee
Level 9

Same here tried them all but still YOUTUBE IS NOT LOADING IT TAKES ME BACK TO THE HOMEPAGE 

0 Kudos