Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joseph3
Level 9

Re: Are you being returned to Home screen after selecting a channel?

FLASH!   I just realized that my WIFI signals are too weak for flawless function of my 2 ROKU TV's.  Therefore today, I am ordering a WIFI Extender from Amazon.  I strongly feel that if I can improve the WIFI signal strength, I will solve this  "return to home" problem. To check your WIFI signal strength on your  ROKU TV's, do this:  PRESS the HOME button 5 times in a row, then toggle the UP/DOWN button, until the signal info appears on your TV screen. (This is a secret function that ROKU does NOT share with us).  Try it and let me know what you think. Joseph3

0 Kudos
marjoh723
Level 7

Device: ROKU 2

Model #: 4210X

Serial No.: 5Y259K066930

UDevice ID: FCC ID: TC2-R1011 IC:5959A-R1011

Netflix and HULU

Software Version: 10.00 

Build: 4209

Hi, unable to log into Netflix and HULU even after removing channels and adding the channels back on my Roku device.

0 Kudos
marjoh723
Level 7

Yes, I am being returned to homepage after trying Netflix and HULU channels. Netflix logo will show for a second and then will return to the homepage.

0 Kudos
Joseph3
Level 9

HI....

Today, everything is working OK.  But I recently discovered that my problem ROKU TV is NOT getting as strong a WIFI signal that it could (because of placement in home). Testing with ROKU secret test, I get about 20-35% signal strength.  So I ordered a WIFI extender from Amazon today for about $30.  I think that will certainly improve things for me.  What do you think? Thanks  Joseph3

0 Kudos
JAswoman
Level 7

I went to Systems - Systems Settings but there was no System Restart to choose.  Now what?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@JAswoman 

For Roku players:  Settings/System/System restart/Restart

For Roku TVs:  Settings/System/Power/System restart/Restart

Thedcro
Level 7

Roku Tv: A108X

TCL Model: 65R625

Serial: X0030006JX8F

Device ID: S053Y046JX8F

Channels: Philo Version 1.36 Build 9, Hulu Version 6.49, Build 3, Disney+ Version 1.15, Build 2021080400, and many more channels. 

Issue: 8F-366-787

0 Kudos
PaulBR45
Level 7

Hello I am having this problem on all of my Roku's.  I have 6 Roku's.  They are either the Ultra LT or the Express 4K.  It is happening on all channels and is pretty random.  I have tried restarting after reinstalling all the channels and that didn't solve it.

Is there any fix for this yet or do I really have to put all of my Roku information on this thread?

0 Kudos
juliaszilveszte
Level 7

Hello when I click my netflix, prime, and youtube channels it will load the title of the channel and then immediately bring me back to the roku home page. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the channels and doing a reset. 

Model Number : 8413X

Device ID: P1708470087

Serial Number: YK004R700887

0 Kudos
Yrid88
Level 7

GN-368-713

Also doing it on my other Roku TV but I haven't gotten the code on that one yet. Restart/reinstall not working it's doing it for all of my channels.

0 Kudos