Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
error51
Level 7

Re: Are you being returned to Home screen after selecting a channel?

I took a remote from my old Roku 3 and sync'd it to my new Roku Streambar while the batteries were out of the remote that originally came with that stream bar. For the last 2 days every channel has been working. if you have an old remote it seems to work. even the volume control on the side of the old remote (which was for headphones) works on the streambar.

0 Kudos
Candykane83
Level 7

Hey! Taking the batteries out of the remote and using the app remote is working well. Ours also started with Netflix and then Prime video. Had to remove the batteries from all our Roku remotes. We have several. Will Roku replace these remotes?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@Candykane83 

Possibly, or they may issue a firmware update (which will require you to put batteries in and check for updates).

0 Kudos
MattB1701
Level 7

Danny.  I followed your instructions and it works fine with the app remote.  What does this indicate?  Defective remote?

0 Kudos
mrjlturner
Level 10

I had a defective remote a while back, but it was defective only because a battery had started leaking and had caused some mild corrosion and stickiness in the remote itself. I took it apart entirely, cleaned it thoroughly with Isopropyl alcohol and put it back together, and its been working perfectly ever since. I'd recommend if you are seeing remote issues, give it a go and take it apart!

My ROKU Info:
Roku Premier+ (Wireless | Static IP) - HDMI (1080P)
Roku Premier+ (Wireless | Static IP) - HDMI (1080P)
TCL Roku TV (Wireless | Static IP) - HDMI (4k)
AT&T Internet (1024 Mbps / 1024 Mbps)
Netflix; Hulu Plus; Amazon Prime; HBO Max
0 Kudos
Sstringfellow10
Level 7

Netflix keeps jumping back to Home Screen worked fine last night I tried removing it then adding it again no help also tried using cell as remote no help

0 Kudos
daveyj
Level 8

Sorry that you're having this problem.  Seems to be very widespread.  My Roku remote works fine on all streaming services that I subscribe to (Netflix, Amazon Prime, PBS Passport, Kanopy) with only WatchTCM continuing to fail to launch since 9/1.  Have tried all fixes, nothing works.  But I've heard nothing back from Danny or anyone else at Roku.  Since the failures people are reporting are so-widespread, we ought to receive some kind of blast email from Roku, at least to all the folks reporting that they're being returned to Home Screen, which is by now a pretty big bunch.  Of course, this is costing all of us a lot of money, as we're being denied access to streaming services for which we're paying a monthly fee.  Please, Roku, step up to the plate!   DaveyJ

0 Kudos
boston
Level 7

DOES NOT WORK

0 Kudos
Joseph3
Level 9

Just today, I watched several channels over a period of 4 or more hours. Surprisingly, these channels functioned OK without returning "home".  I feel that this problem is intermittent. as sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.  

0 Kudos
Stacey74
Level 7

I just got this roku and set up the channels and it takes me to the home page after 2 minutes watching tv

0 Kudos