Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retiredgranny
Level 7

Re: Hulu keeps going back to home screen

My Roku is still returning to main menu when trying to open Hulu and disney+.

Why?

0 Kudos
Bryansusy
Level 8

Re: Are you being returned to Home screen after selecting a channel?

So this issue with returning to home screen after selecting a channel has been going on for over a month? What's it going to take to fix it? 

Tammy82
Level 7

I never had problems with any of the roku devices regarding YOUTUBE CHANNEL until now. It loads then throws me back out to home screen. I've Uninstaller, checked ALL connections including reinstalling network. I have done it all multiple times but still just throws me out. None of other channels do it although they can be annoyingly slow sometimes and my speed is at 15-16 all time. I have no prob with android youtube on phone. Or problem with my smart TV in kitchen but my devices, all roku expresses are a headache. Considering changing to other devices if I cant watch reg YouTube. Any ideas on how to fix this Dan? I have wasted entire evening on this. Not happy right now.

0 Kudos
Bryansusy
Level 8

I was finally able to load youtube by selecting System Reset per Dan's previous post. Had to log back in, but at least it's working. Spent over 2 hours trying to fix this.  I've had my Tcl Roku tv for a few years now and never had an issue until today.  I sincerely hope Roku fixes this for good. Hope you were able to fix yours.

0 Kudos
nuhomie
Level 7

Instead of the unloading and reloading of channels or complete reset TV **bleep**, I simply unplugged the TV from its power source for a minute then plugged it back in. Turned on the set and all was good….so far

0 Kudos
lisacwms
Level 9

I said that what did. Just unplugged it. Not sure if it works for everybody but it did for me. I said that at the beginning of the month

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

We would recommend trying the following:

• Remove the batteries out of your remote.
  • Download the Roku Mobile App and use this as your main remote while the batteries are removed from your Roku remote.
  • Try accessing your Roku channels as normal to see if you are still being returned to the Home screen.

Please let us know what you find out so we can further investigate with your findings.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mztrjoe
Level 7

Your suggestion does not work.  I have tried on both my set with no success. 

ShariC
Level 7

Netflix and Prime sending back to home screen.

model 8413x roku tv

serial ykoonx933471

Issue Id 71-302-081

0 Kudos
jessf
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

We would recommend trying the following:

• Remove the batteries out of your remote.
  • Download the Roku Mobile App and use this as your main remote while the batteries are removed from your Roku remote.
  • Try accessing your Roku channels as normal to see if you are still being returned to the Home screen.

Please let us know what you find out so we can further investigate with your findings.

Thanks,
Danny

No effect on this channel bug. When I did factory reset, I was able to select movie or show and wasn't kicked back to home screen until I hit play. After a few attempts I would get kicked back after splash screen. Hope that helps.

0 Kudos