Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Apps won't open

What Software Version do you have on the devices where it works from Settings->System->About?  If it's 9.2 on the working devices then there's your problem.  You'd have to contact the developer and let them know there's a problem with their channel and v9.3.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@Loucovey thank you so very much. This fixed the issue!! I am so happy, I was worried I made a bad purchase. I spent so much time doing troubleshooting steps, removing and reading channels, this literally took 2 minutes (if that) and completely resolved it. You are officially my hero. But my family thinks that I am techsavy now, I will go ahead and let them think that. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I went to settings >> system >> power >> System restart and that fixed it for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’ve tried everything. System restart, deleted the app and reinstalled, network reset, updates. My device is on 9.3.0 build 4170

I’ve tried every suggestion on here but my apps still close after a second or two

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I went though all the previous steps as well, and ended up having to install an SD card, for this issue to resolve itself.  Once the card was installed and formatted, the issue went away.

Highlighted
Level 7

This does NOT work!!

Fix the issue its ridiculous! 

Nothing will load and have tried every fix mentioned on here and the firmware update is the correct one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@Xdreadz wrote:

This does NOT work!!

Fix the issue its ridiculous! 

Nothing will load and have tried every fix mentioned on here and the firmware update is the correct one.

Did you try inserting a SD card?  That was the only thing that restocked my issue.  Just remember, the largest size you can use is an 8GB card.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@blancas my Roku doesn't have a sd card slot. Just highly annoyed.

Does that mean it has to so with space issue? I haven't added any more channels than I have always had so confused as to how space would be an issue? Did you move some channels onto the SD? It says a SD card is not actually required so totally confused. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Look underneath the HDMI cable on the back of the Roku device. If it’s an ultra you should see a tiny micro SD card slot

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

When I run System Update it says I'm up-to-date with version 9.2.6 and there is no option to get to 9.3

0 Kudos