Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GweiloJake

Re: Netflix App Crashing to Home screen

Jump to solution

Netflix will not respond to individual user inquiries or issues.  They suggest on forums that it is a device issue.  Ball is lobbed back into your end of the court, Roku.  Please advise.

0 Kudos
Bressaortega
Reel Rookie

Re: Apps won't open after system update

Jump to solution

I have done the system update and removed the apps and readded them and I’m still having the issue of them not loading. I have the onn roku tv

0 Kudos
skindnef
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Have you done factory reset? That was the only thing that worked for me

0 Kudos
Fragile_Boris
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Bressaortega wrote:

I have done the system update and removed the apps and readded them and I’m still having the issue of them not loading. I have the onn roku tv

Have gone to the app settings and manually updated the app that isn't opening?

0 Kudos
Amkrise

Rediscover app won’t open resets Roku every time

Jump to solution

My Roku resets when I try to load a new channel.  Sad. A lot of shows are only available on Roku. Shame it won’t load.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Rediscover app won’t open resets Roku every time

Jump to solution

@Amkrise 

You didn't mention your Roku model # and firmware version: Settings/System/About

Known solutions/workarounds for app(s) not loading/closing to Home:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System updates/Check now - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

4) Remove SD card (if installed) - try again

5) Remove app, RESTART ROKU: Settings/System/System restart/Restart, Add app - try again

6) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

7) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

😎 Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

NOTE for #5: Do not remove the YouTube TV app - you will not get the app back until the end of the dispute

0 Kudos
DizzyOG
Channel Surfer

Hulu crashing when navigating on home screen (of Hulu) only on my 4800r Ultra?

Jump to solution

I have a problem only affecting my newest (Ultra 4800r.) My other 2 Ultras (4670x) aren't having the issue. Hulu (FW version 6.48 build 2) will open and all is normal except: when I navigate down to the 6th row, (on home screen in app) the app crashes and sends me back to Roku home screen. The Hulu home screen is the ONLY one that has the newly added tv and movie section down near the bottom. I have tried all the troubleshooting advice that I find online. I have deleted the app and did a system restart before adding it back. I even did the restart on all Rokus in the home simultaneously before adding Hulu back. I restarted my router also. I've tried these steps several times and it hasn't fixed the issue. I also tried unplugging/plugging in Roku. I think it's related to the new FW update (FW 6.48 build 2), because I just started having the issue since the update with the annoyingly super loud splash logo screen when opening the app. Anyone with this particular issue? Any ideas/advice/help? Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Hulu crashing when navigating on home screen (of Hulu) only on my 4800r Ultra?

Jump to solution

@DizzyOG 

I can confirm this crash bug (Press down 7 times from Home) with 6.48.2 in 2 different 4800s (doesnt occur in any other model)

Contact Hulu CS:  https://help.hulu.com/s/contactsupport

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Hulu crashing when navigating on home screen (of Hulu) only on my 4800r Ultra?

Jump to solution

@DizzyOG

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that we believe this issue has been resolved.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator