Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmberDawn

Re: Apps won't open

Jump to solution

I had the same issue. Tried the unplugging for a while. Checked for updates on the tv. Lastly navigated to Netflix, click the * key and selected 'Check for updates'. I then saw it starting going through all (or most) of the apps and updating them. Now it's working. 

0 Kudos
Swarford

Jump to solution

Same issue with our Roku tv and all of the “suggested fixes” do not work. Very frustrating. 

Ldunn1

Jump to solution

Removing the apps and restarting everything ,even my internet router, and after readding the appa. It still Didn’t  get the apps to open

0 Kudos
FragileNougat
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Ldunn1 wrote:

Removing the apps and restarting everything ,even my internet router, and after readding the appa. It still Didn’t  get the apps to open

What build are you on? I'm on 9.4.0 build 4190-50. It updated on 2nd Nov 2:30am GMT

0 Kudos
Esamys
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issues with WWE Network. It opens to the load screen and returns to the Roku home screen. I have tried everything suggested and still nothing. Not having the same issue with any other channel, just it.

0 Kudos
FragileNougat
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What build are you on? I'm on 9.4.0 build 4190-50. It updated on 2nd Nov 2:30am GMT

0 Kudos
crroal

Jump to solution

Roku Streambar

Nothing worked.  Removed and re-added a channel.  Factory reset. 

Solution for me:

Changed TV input from Roku.  Turned TV Off.  Unplugged Roku power.  Unplugged Roku HDMI cable FROM TV.  Turned TV On.  Plugged Roku power in.  Reconnected Roku HDMI to back of TV. 

I suspect it was some kind of HDCP permissions issue, which I’ve seen before with a Roku 3. 

0 Kudos
FragileNougat
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Esamys
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

9.4.0 as well but the app started working a few hours after posting to this. I should have checked DownDetector before replying on this thread. WWE Network was having issues all over the place. 

Lsb3user

Jump to solution

I have tried these solutions and certain channels still won’t open. They’ve worked before. 

0 Kudos