Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Loucovey
Channel Surfer

Re: Apps won't open

Jump to solution

That did it. When I checked for updates it said it was up to day, but as you said, it had to be forced. Thanks for the tip.

FragileNougat
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Glad I could help. It must be a glitch in the automatic update settings. 

0 Kudos
Colapop
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Can anyone help me with the steps to force this firmware update? I just got the tv yesterday and the only channel that opens and works is youtube. 

0 Kudos
Loucovey
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

On your home menu, go to settings > system > system update. That should tell you if you are on version 9.3: build 4170. If not, there should be an option to update

blancas
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem with one of my Ultras, with the KITV4 app as well.  It was working great until last week, and suddenly the app will nor successfully load on this device.  It loads on my other Ultra, my TCL/Roku TV, and my Stick, with no issues... but on this one, it simply will not load now.

I have tried the uninstall/reinstall method, the reboot option, the network reset option, and the pull the wire reboot option, switched from Wired to Wireless, Enabled/Disabled Bandwidth Saver, and nothing works...

Sys Info:

Model: 4670X - Roku Ultra

Software Version: 9.3.0 biuld: 4170-46

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

What Software Version do you have on the devices where it works from Settings->System->About?  If it's 9.2 on the working devices then there's your problem.  You'd have to contact the developer and let them know there's a problem with their channel and v9.3.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Colapop
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Loucovey thank you so very much. This fixed the issue!! I am so happy, I was worried I made a bad purchase. I spent so much time doing troubleshooting steps, removing and reading channels, this literally took 2 minutes (if that) and completely resolved it. You are officially my hero. But my family thinks that I am techsavy now, I will go ahead and let them think that. Thanks again.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I went to settings >> system >> power >> System restart and that fixed it for me.

Suziebee1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve tried everything. System restart, deleted the app and reinstalled, network reset, updates. My device is on 9.3.0 build 4170

I’ve tried every suggestion on here but my apps still close after a second or two

0 Kudos
blancas
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I went though all the previous steps as well, and ended up having to install an SD card, for this issue to resolve itself.  Once the card was installed and formatted, the issue went away.