Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Apps won't open

Anytime I try to open Disney Plus or Netflix or Hulu it just goes to the loading screen and then just wait a minute then goes back to the title screen and nothing will open

0 Kudos
42 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Apps won't open

Have the same issue for the first time today.  Only 50% of my channels will load.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@autumncody11 @garyb 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend rebooting your network and your Roku device. Then try removing the channels from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channels back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue with here. Apps start to load then goes back to Home screen. Tried to update the software but the stick won't even do that.

Highlighted
Level 7

I also tried removing/replacing the channels and rebooting. Didn't work. Channels still not loading.

Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you!!!! I had same problem. I thought it was the internet but it wasn’t. Then I did the system reboot that u suggested, and it worked!!!  Yay!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Removed more than he the apps we had. Here TV still wouldn't load. Removed, restarted roku, reloaded Here TV and it still won't open.

Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem with here tv. When I hit it the here logo comes up then right back to the home screen. I removed and restarted and added it back on and it still won't open. 

Level 7

I had Exact same issue. Followed Roku employee suggestion in comments. Go to Settings>System>Advanced system settings>network connection reset>reset connection

then u may have to set up connections to internet, I don’t remember if I had to do that

good luck!

if that doesn’t work. You can choose factory reset instead. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Incurring the same problem.

Have tried the following:

1. Settings > System > System restart > Restart
  2. Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection (Note, I had to to re-enter network settings)
  3. *Remove Channel
  4. Settings > System > System restart > Restart
  5. Add [reinstall] Channel

Problem persists on roughly half my channels.  No bueno.

More baffling is that the problem only exists on my Roku Ultra. Issue IS NOT evident on my Roku Streaming Stick or Roku Express+ :-)