Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob6
Reel Rookie

Re: Apps won't open

Jump to solution

Same issue with here. Apps start to load then goes back to Home screen. Tried to update the software but the stick won't even do that.

Rob6
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also tried removing/replacing the channels and rebooting. Didn't work. Channels still not loading.

Edd1

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution

Need to do an advanced system setting from system menu .... do a factory reset. It will kill all apps and data. You will need to sign up again with roku with activate code. You will have to reload all apps, and I notice they want a credit card for potential purchases. Won't let you continue setting up without credit card. You can always just browse without credit card, but no subscribing or purchasing. Worked for me.

0 Kudos
Jdoh90

How to fix Hulu not loading - crashes back to home screen

Jump to solution

Hulu will not load at all. When I click the channel tile it shows me the Hulu start up page but goes back to the Roku home page. I have deleted reader restarted unplugged and rebooted and nothing works. 

0 Kudos
Schavo

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

I'm having a similar issue just recently.  I'm playing an Xfinity app, and after so long it goes back to home screen.  In addition, other times (and shorter time period than the home screen issue) it takes me out of the xfinity app and puts me into the netflix app.  It's been happening every day at least once or twice a day.  How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

@Schavo wrote:

I'm having a similar issue just recently.  I'm playing an Xfinity app, and after so long it goes back to home screen.  In addition, other times (and shorter time period than the home screen issue) it takes me out of the xfinity app and puts me into the netflix app.  It's been happening every day at least once or twice a day.  How can I fix this?

I hate to point a finger, but Xfinity does label their channel as a beta. It sounds like their channel is causing the problem, since it appears to only happen within that app. Xfinity is the only source of support for that channel, as they are the developer and provider. Roku is merely providing the platform for them to use.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Tals713
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you!!!! I had same problem. I thought it was the internet but it wasn’t. Then I did the system reboot that u suggested, and it worked!!!  Yay!

smliving
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just recently bought an express and it keeps kicking out of apps sometimes even before you start streaming a channel.  I've tried a full factory reset and it is still happening.  This is effectively making the device useless for the purpose that it was purchased for.  Anything else I can do to fix it.  I tried taking off the bandwith restriction and that still hasn't worked

0 Kudos
Blabla
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah that's not working. It works for a short while and then it starts all over again. Before you ask it happens with every channel like clock work every 20 minutes..

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Netflix App Crashing

Jump to solution

@Emel_28 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos