Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SkyDot
Level 7

Apps totally missing & cannot search or download them

I JUST bought a Roku Streaking Stick+ and NONE of the apps we use are available for download.  This was a Christmas gift for my husband & it’s a total disaster so far. There are pictures of ALL KINDS of apps (ABC, NBC, HULU, HBO, Disney+, etc) on the box, but NONE of those are available for me tow download.  I live in South Carolina.  I purchased this Roku in South Carolina.....so EVERY SINGLE ONE of the apps I want should be available for download.  I use them all of the time on different devices.  If NONE of the apps are even available for download, then what is the point of this device?!?!  

I am able to download & use, Netflix & YouTube & tons of stupid “extra” apps that I’ll NEVER use. 

I need a solution ASAP.

The Roku remote even has “buttons” for 3 apps that don’t “exist” on the screen.....HULU, Disney+, & Sling.  I click those buttons & NOTHING!  I also can’t download them via my phone (which is ON the same network).  

please give me some help or this piece of **bleep** gets returned on Monday!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Apps totally missing & cannot search or download them

From the Roku home screen:  Settings > System > About

Is the email address shown for your account your correct email address?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.
0 Kudos