Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NCisse
Level 7

Apps not saving log in information

I have attempted to log in several times with information on my Roku device and every time I turn off my tv, my information is lost and I have to re log in with my information into my apps on the Roku.  How can I get my Roku device to store my information my apps?  This is extremely frustrating!!

4 REPLIES 4\
thaddo104
Level 7

Re: Apps not saving log in information

I am having the same issues. We have Disney Plus, HBO Max, etc. Everytime I open one of those apps to watch it makes me log back in with username and password each time I open the app. Would love to see if anyone knows how to make it save that information.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@NCisse @thaddo104

Thanks for the posts.

What Roku model device are you using? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? When not using the Roku device, are you completely powering the Roku device by any chance?

With more detailed information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
NCisse
Level 7

Thank you for your reply Danny.  The Roku I am using is an Express.  It is plugged into the wall outlet and connected to the tv via an HDMI cable.  I am only powering down the tv at the end of the day.

0 Kudos
Steviemint
Level 7

Also occurring with my new Streaming Stick 4K. It’s plugged into the wall. I haven’t powered either the roku down or the tv yet but each time I go To the Home Screen and select a different channel that I had been previously logged into, it asks me to login to each channel again. Please help, I didn’t realize when I purchased it today that it was gonna be an incredibly annoying issue.

0 Kudos