Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDs85
Level 7

Apps completely off of the channel store

Ilive in Germany but bought my Hisense Roku tv on the military base. The first month or two. Netflix and YouTube were on the channel store and I had them installed. Then I woke up and they are completely gone.  I mean like they do t exist. How is that a possibility at all. I bought the **bleep** tv to have them and now I have a useless tv. I want the possibility of having those channels again. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: Apps completely off of the channel store

You'll probably need to get help from @RokuDanny-R with this. It's possible that @RokuMary-F will be able to help, although she'll sometimes not read everything carefully and just paste a standard response. When she takes the time to read it though, she's very helpful.

So, wait on them to help. Unless another user in your situation received satisfactions and can offer something. A user such as me won't do you any good, apart from pointing you to the right people.

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@JDs85

Thanks for the post.

You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JDs85
Level 7

So I went to roku to create a new account but it never asks where I’m located and what region. But this still doesn’t answer the question how Netflix and other apps were there then I go to bed and then there gone. Maybe you guys should fix it.  

0 Kudos
lostingermany
Level 7

I am facing exactly the same issue. Netflix, YouTube were installed and working, then overnight disappeared from Home Screen and not to be found in the channel store. Aside from those two, there are now no channels in the channel store that I know of, just the free junk channels - no Disney+ etc. I am also in Germany. The device was bought here, I created my account here etc etc - very hard to imagine it’s a location issue. 

0 Kudos
lostingermany
Level 7

forgot to mention - I have restarted the device, performed a factory reset etc but that hasn’t restored any of my channels to the home screen/channel store. The official app doesn’t appear to be in the iOS App Store in Germany so I can’t check there to see if those channels are available either. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hello @lostingermany

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We are aware of the issue and it's currently under investigation. Once they provide us with an update, we'll be sure to let the Community know.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos