Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davey84jones
Level 7

AppleTV+ pixilation

Running new Apple TV app on roku til 7103x. Should be compatible but screen pixilated when scenes change. Any fix for this? All system updates current.
15 Replies
cmat
Level 7

Re: AppleTV+ pixilation

I'm on a TCL (series 6) and I get the same issue. When a scene changes, the picture "freezes" and then stretches out for a few seconds or it gets pixelated. The audio is fine though, and after 3-4 seconds, everything goes back to normal.

It's easily reproducible: the same scene change will always show the problem in exactly the same way.

It doesn't feel like a wifi issue, but I could be wrong. I'm able to stream Youtube in 4k without issue, same with Netflix.

Any way to diagnose this, like maybe get the bitrate of the video stream on Apple TV+?

I turned off HDR (through the secret menu), but the problem is still there.

0 Kudos
Sarpan
Level 8

I have the same issue. Tried with different shows, same result. Even my iTunes purchased Blade Runner 2049 copy has pixelation/freezing issues. My TCL series 6 65" is directly plugged into my router (no wifi). Internet download speed is 60 mbps. This has never happened while watching Netflix, Amazon prime or YouTube.

0 Kudos
SpookDroid
Level 8

No idea on the source of the problem (but I'm betting it's a channel issue as all my other sources stream just fine on 4K HDR over a Gigabit connection).  However, for those suffering this issue, the solution is simple (yet annoying): Reboot your Roku.  

Right after reboot, Apple TV+ streams just fine.  Stream something else from other sources, however, and come back to the Apple TV+ channel and BOOM!  Pixellation. 

Sarpan
Level 8

I removed the Apple TV+ channel, then reinstalled it. Logged back in and watched the latest episode of See without issue, no hiccups, no pixelation. Maybe that's the fix?

0 Kudos
SpookDroid
Level 8

Have you watched anything else after doing that, coming back to the Apple TV+ app, and then watching something again? Does the issue come back?  

0 Kudos
Sarpan
Level 8

Yes I did. Watched some Disney + then returned to watch a new episode of See and... the pixelation was worse than before. Couldn't watch more than 10 minutes. Oh well, I was hoping it was fixed...

0 Kudos
SpookDroid
Level 8

Yeah, it seems it's an app bug and for some reason it doesn't like to share.  Only partial solution right now is to reboot the Roku right before opening the Apple TV+ app

mmalone445
Level 7

Funny, the common denominator for this particle issue seems to be TCL televisions / Roku TV. I too have this issue when scenes are transitioning but, only during SEE. The Morning Show, every episode, fine. What makes it all that much more unbearable is the fact that SEE's cinematography is so beautiful. Worst show to have this issue with.

FIX IT, **bleep** IT!!!!

Please?

geoffhamill
Level 7

Same exact problem with tcl tv/roku. SUCKS!
0 Kudos