Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bickle
Channel Surfer

AppleTV app stopped auto playing the next episode

Jump to solution

It used to work fine, but three days ago all my TV episodes stopped playing next one. As this activity appears to be entirely server-side, it seems to be a problem I cant solve by myself

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: AppleTV app stopped auto playing the next episode

Jump to solution

@Bickle 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Apple TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Apple TV support here: https://support.apple.com/apple-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bickle 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Apple TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ddjmk45

Jump to solution

I called Apple Support and they said it’s a Roku Issue, because Roku is a 3rd party App. I still have the Issue and Roku is No Help 

Bickle
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, they consistently tell that lie when they don’t know the answer, about Movies Anywhere as well, despite the fact Apple is contractually obligated to support it 

Funimation also told me that they’re not responsible for their own properties on iTunes with their names all over them,which they submitted and designed the materials for when you complain their stuff isn’t marked dub only.  

Its an Apple app that happens to be on Roku. They’re responsible. 

0 Kudos
Bickle
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Apple Suport is the most useless thing of all time for support above what a seven year ofl can provide their parents. They simply refuse to fix it, claim it’s “third party”. If it’s irrefutably their product, they just run you  around till you either give up or they just close the ticket on you  literally my issue could have been solved by having an intern stop on their coffee run and make sure a box is checked. Twelve hours with Apple support on that alone  

I had support tell me to take an broken Apple TV to the Apple store and exchange it  the manager refused to do so, even though he had units in stock, and said he needed to repair it instead, which would take a week  a brand new Apple TV  

So please, never suggest you call Apple Support, it’s less than useless. Far more productive is for Roku to collect the bugs and give it to your interface with Apple and ask they be fixed In a timely manner 

Jes2020
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So infuriating I get to the end of an episode no it doesn’t play the next. Seems to consume What’s up next with Next episode in a series. No other streaming service fails to go to next episode. Basic stuff. Should have been done. Not a great intro to Apple TV for the first thing I wanted to watch. And worse still I can’t find a way to get to the next episode without going all the way out of the app then back in. Frustrating to the power ten

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jes2020

Thanks for the post.

As stated previously in this thread, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Apple TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bickle
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Which as stated does absolutely no good because engineering refuses to fix even basic problems that have been pre-diagnosed for them and can literally be handled by an intern  the way to fetch coffee. Literally. I did that. I even got them internal identifiers to check for typos 

Apple tech support is utterly and completely useless. While they give the finger to consumers, Roku can run their own tests internally to determine what is happening, which perhaps gets more traction, or find a way to fix your firmware to prevent it shoudl they ignore you equally. 

At least one ofther company has had to do that

0 Kudos
redeacle

Jump to solution

I found a reference on another thread to this problem.   Log out of the Apple TV App, and then log back in.   That resets the information about play next, and the next episode.   It worked for my wife and me.

0 Kudos