Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RockyRoka
Level 8

Re: Roku pls. help; Apple TV won't load

Jump to solution

Update: Switching to Dolby only worked once for one show. Not sure if it was just coincidence or what, but it didn’t fix the problem after all. Spoke with Apple AGAIN this morning and they confirmed it is a known Apple TV problem with roku devices. Apple engineers are working on jt. My rep is supposed to be following up with me - I’ll update here as I hear back.

0 Kudos
abillmann
Level 8

Re: Roku pls. help; Apple TV won't load

Jump to solution

One thing I'll throw in, although it's pretty non-specific: I did upgrade my AV receiver to a new model that is specifically HDMI 2.2 compliant. And while I was at it, I went with 8K-certified HDMI cables. (My previous setup was an HDMI 2.1 receiver with 4K cables.) It definitely seems better now... very rarely do I have an issue.

I also upgraded to a Roku Ultra (2020 edition) that supposedly has a faster processor. According to Apple (for whatever that's worth), new Rokus can handle Apple's "higher-than-competitors' bandwidth" streams much better than older models. That indeed has been my experience, but it could also just be coincidence and may not even be applicable in your situation. To be clear, I didn't do these upgrades specifically because of problems with Apple -- I was planning on doing them anyway. I still say Apple doesn't really care about anything other than Apple.

0 Kudos