Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hazzardsc

Apple tv video not available

I am having an issue playing the Apple TV app through Roku.  The note I get is that the "Video is not Available. There is a problem loading and to check my internet connection if this continues."  I spent 45 minutes with an Apple rep who was fantastic and did all the trouble shooting he could think of.  Then through a process of elimination I tried apple on my Firestick with no issues - ever.  So based on this I believe that this is a Roku issue.  Can you please advise any thoughts?  I was able to watch Apple TV a month or so ago and now I cannot watch anything.  I get the "Video Not Available" on every show.  I have made sure that the roku is up to date and the app ae up to date.  

Thanks

Tags (1)
27 REPLIES 27
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Apple tv video not available

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

A recent workaround for this ATV issue is to change Settings/Audio/HDMI=PCM Stereo

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@hazzardsc

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'? Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JL001
Reel Rookie

Thanks much!  This worked on  ROKU device 3810RW Streaming Stick+.  This fix probably works across most ROKU devices. 

0 Kudos
Bartsrock
Reel Rookie

This did not work for me I have been paying for Apple TV for months and the video on Roku will not load and help section just keeps repeating the same issues. I am either going to cancel apple or go buy a fire stick and see if Apple TV will play. It is all over the internet so Roku and apple both know this is a major problem but will not fix. No videos will load on apple, but every other app works! I have no time to keep trying to fix, ridiculous that no one knows the cause or the fix, apple blames Roku, Roku blames apple.  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bartsrock

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? What specific Roku model device are you using?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LDVme

I've reloaded Apple TV twice. Followed the instructions above.  Have unplugged TV and Roku and restarted both.  Have reset from auto to 1080 and back.  Nothing works.  I can watch one or two random shows but nothing I actually wanted to watch.  This app is useless on Roku 3900X.

0 Kudos
Jeffj419
Reel Rookie

I have the same issues with a new Roku 4K streaming stick.   Apple TV even works on other Tony devices in house, but nothing works with Apple in this device.  

Just deleted app, rebooted Roku and reinstalled Apple TV.  Resigned in to app and still no luck.   No shows on Apple TV app play on this device.   Works on phone and other tvs/Roku devices.   Very frustrating!

Jeffj419
Reel Rookie

Update.  Still doesn’t work, but I’m on the most updated software as of 4/6/2022, last updated Dev 9.  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@LDVme @Jeffj419

Thanks for the posts.

If you have already tried removing the channel, restarting the Roku device, and then adding the channel back and are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact Apple TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos