Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hazzardsc
Level 7

Apple tv video not available

I am having an issue playing the Apple TV app through Roku.  The note I get is that the "Video is not Available. There is a problem loading and to check my internet connection if this continues."  I spent 45 minutes with an Apple rep who was fantastic and did all the trouble shooting he could think of.  Then through a process of elimination I tried apple on my Firestick with no issues - ever.  So based on this I believe that this is a Roku issue.  Can you please advise any thoughts?  I was able to watch Apple TV a month or so ago and now I cannot watch anything.  I get the "Video Not Available" on every show.  I have made sure that the roku is up to date and the app ae up to date.  

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Apple tv video not available

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

A recent workaround for this ATV issue is to change Settings/Audio/HDMI=PCM Stereo

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@hazzardsc

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'? Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JL001
Level 8

Thanks much!  This worked on  ROKU device 3810RW Streaming Stick+.  This fix probably works across most ROKU devices. 

0 Kudos