Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Apple TV

Jump to solution

I have a free year of Apple TV. How do I access it on Roku? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Apple TV

Jump to solution

@RHECHT721 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about how to use the Apple TV channel on your Roku device, visit our Support pag here: How do I use the Apple TV channel on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution
@RHECHT721 wrote:

I have a free year of Apple TV. How do I access it on Roku? Thanks!

First step-- be sure your Roku is one of the models supported by Apple tv:

https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-app/devices/

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@RHECHT721 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about how to use the Apple TV channel on your Roku device, visit our Support pag here: How do I use the Apple TV channel on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

If the information on the Apple compatibility page (and also the Roku compatibility page) are accurate, then there's nowhere to buy a compatible Roku device. The reason I say this is that all the different players on the Roku store and elsewhere (Amazon, Best Buy, etc.) say the model number ends in "R." For example, I see Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810R and Roku Premiere 3920R. However, the compatibility information clearly spells out that the model number should end in "X," as in 3810X or 3920X. These X models are nowhere to be found--at least that I can find. Looking for any insight on what to do. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@tylerpie 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the letter after the model number merely signifies where the device is being sold. The actual model number, such as 3810 or 3920, is the important factor when look at device compatibility.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator