Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maverickgman
Level 7

Apple TV will not steam

I have a Roku 3 4200x and for some reason I can not stream Apple TV. The app loads in and the selections load in but when I try to stream a show I just get a screen that will not run. It’s like the show won’t load. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4\
mjt-1949
Level 7

Re: Apple TV will not steam

I have a Streaming Stick+ which will not play purchased movies if auto-adjust refresh rate is on.  Of course movies play at 24fps, but the odd thing is that movie trailers and Apple TV+ content will play at 24fps.

Try System->Settings->Advanced system settings->Advanced display settings, and turn auto-adjust display refresh rate off.  This should fix the problem.

I am currently trying to see if Apple can contact Roku about the problem.

0 Kudos
Sunshine1221
Level 7

Re: Apple TV will not stream

We have tried this. We still get the screen that says our show won’t load. And to check our internet. Everything works GREAT on our Roku. We LOVE our Roku!!!!

We even bought a brand new updated stick (as per Apple suggestion). And we still have trouble loading up FOR ALL MANKIND (if at all). Some times we can’t load it at all. We do have Apple TV + till this summer. But if this isn’t resolved, we will cancel Apple TV+. No sense paying for something we can’t access. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

@Sunshine1221 wrote:

We have tried this. We still get the screen that says our show won’t load. And to check our internet. Everything works GREAT on our Roku. We LOVE our Roku!!!!

We even bought a brand new updated stick (as per Apple suggestion). And we still have trouble loading up FOR ALL MANKIND (if at all). Some times we can’t load it at all. We do have Apple TV + till this summer. But if this isn’t resolved, we will cancel Apple TV+. No sense paying for something we can’t access. 

Not sure what Roku model # or firmware version is being used (Settings/System/About), or even the Apple TV app version (highlight and press the options (*) button), it has, but can/does make a difference.

Regardless, if you havent already uninstalled the ATV app, RESTARTED the Roku (Settings/System/System restart), and reinstalled the ATV app, then you should try that.

Otherwise, try switching between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz SSIDs with your WiFi (they should have separate SSIDs) and see if that makes a difference

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mjt-1949
Level 7

I fixed the problem as I stated above.

However, there is now a new version of Apple TV (6.0 build 131) which plays everything at 60Hz regardless of the Roku setting, and with this update my problem disappeared. You could see if this fixes the problem for you.

And of course, Roku OS 9.4 supports AirPlay, so you can play video on your TV from Apple devices.

0 Kudos