Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gutterball
Level 7

Apple TV streaming app not opening

The apple app for everyone is not opening on the TCL tv. Opens fine on my sharp and Samsung. Just keep searching on the Roku tv.  Don't like anything about this TV since I brought it. It freezes, it randomly turns off.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Apple TV streaming app not opening

@Gutterball 

I saw where Best Buy has stopped selling TCL Google TVs due to poor performance. https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/best-buy-stops-selling-tcl-google-tvs-after-reports-of-poor-performa...

It could be that TCL makes bad TVs.

Regardless, Roku doesn't make Roku TVs. Like Google and Amazon, they license their "smart TV" software to manufacturers, including TCL. If there's an issue with a TCL TV, you should contact TCL.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Apple TV streaming app not opening

@Gutterball wrote:

The apple app for everyone is not opening on the TCL tv. ...

Having addressed the second issue, on to the first. While it could be the TV itself, I would first suggest doing a reinstall of the app. There's a right way to do that, with all other ways not being right. Here's how to do that.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the device. Settings > System > Power > System Restart > Restart
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps, in that order. That may fix it, or it may not. But it needs to be ruled out as a possible solution.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos