Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kfallsfan
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV+ playback not working

Jump to solution

I ran into this problem on both an older Samsung 1080p tv and an epson 8350 projector. On the tv there is an option to auto detect resolution, I had to switch this to 1080p. On my projector I tried to do the same thing but couldn’t get it to work. I had to switch resolution on my roku ultra to 720p (didn’t work even on 1080p) in order to watch movie.

0 Kudos
lmolter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Here's what's weird: I went through all the changes requested for HDR and 4K and such as suggested here. Nothing worked. I switched back to an older Fire Stick that is NOT 4K compatible, and guess what? The Apple movies play fine. The Fire Stick is set to 1080P as is the Roku Ultra, but only the Fire Stick works. Still can't tell who's to blame, since we don't know if Apple or Roku wrote the Apple app. I do think that the Roku development team needs to talk with the Apple team because this problem is widespread. Yeah, I know, preachin' to the choir.

0 Kudos
johnSas
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The issue is definitely the ROKU capability , I bought the Amazon stick 4k and plugged it on the same configuration tv and worked fine. Unfortunately tech support will give you the run around , limited to no knowledge. This  is an engineering issue that Roku needs to get on it and find out what is going on. Obviously the handshake between the TV and Roku is not correct. Maybe apple could be at some fault but the "stick" works.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Watching on phone then back to tv.  Worked.  Thank you so much 

0 Kudos

Re: Apple TV+ playback not working - A fix that worked for me

Jump to solution

Not the fix unless.....  I  have the same tv with this problem.  I did turn off the HDMI Ultra Deep HD Color setting on HDMI 1.  Nothing changed.  Maybe you did something else either before or after this step?

0 Kudos
TWelch77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had the problem come up again and I changed the display setting on my Roku device to 1080. I have read some have changed to as low as 720. Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
johnSas
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

tried 1080p and didn't work, Roku needs to fix the issue with a firmware update, some troubleshooting from engineering should provide a solution... trial an error is unacceptable..

0 Kudos
Elie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have noticed not all Apple TV plus shows play on my Roku. "The Servant" only plays on my 4K LG TV but not on my Vizio 1080p TV.  Changing settings on Roku did not help this show.  I get an ERROR when playing it on my Vizio

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Elie

Thanks for the post.

What Roku model devices are you using and which one is working and not working with Apple TV content?

With more information we will be able to look further into the issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jgr789
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You are kidding, right?  With almost 80 entries in this discussion thread you can't go back through and see which Roku devices don't work with Apple TV+  .

I found this thread over two weeks ago because of the problem which apparently has existed for some time before that!  In my case I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810X with a Vizio TV -E420VL.  My internet works fine as do all the other apps I have You Tube TV, Hulu, Prime etc.  

Do you want everyone who has posted to let you know again what they are using?  It seems to me that you could just take a look back to get that information.  Of course there's also alot of frustration that you'd have to read through as well.

0 Kudos