Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KTKT

Re: Apple TV+ playback not working

Jump to solution

This worked!!! Thank you!!

0 Kudos
tlongworth

Jump to solution

I spent 1.5 hrs on the phone with Apple support just now. FINALLY figured it out for mine. May work for some, and not others, depending on the tv you have. But if you go into your Roku under settings and then audio, then over to HDMI and put it on Dolby Digital. This fixed the issue for me. 

jjkjcnj
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Sometimes it plays fine, but mostly it doesn't. All other channels play fine. Restarts and deleted/added attempts do nothing. This is Roku's issue. I have very high speed internet, so stop telling me to check my connection. Everything else works great. Fix this Roku, or I'm gone.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jjkjcnj

Thanks for the post.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Apple TV+ directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Apple TV+ channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://support.apple.com/apple-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  Have deleted reinstalled.  Checked all the setting … not working.    I only get a frozen pixelated screen with the image of the last show I watched on the most recent app I was watching 

0 Kudos
Leylak

Jump to solution

Worked for me thanks. Just finishing 140 letters for some reason aha lol. This is very annoying. But he is right about the solution. Blajakajsbdjdjbdndjwjqjss

0 Kudos
tonygump
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Finally, a solution that works!  Thank you Chickenlips!!

0 Kudos
jjkjcnj
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My solution is that I bought a new Samsung smart TV and can get everything I want either installed or with an app, and I don't need Roku any longer. I needed a new TV anyhow, so it worked out.

0 Kudos
slider9499
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have nothing but problems with Roku. It constantly freezes, locks up, apps don't work...it really is a piece of junk. My wifi is awesome.  I get speeds close to 900 mbps and Roku keeps giving me messages stating my connection is slow. I cannot tell you how many times I have to restart my device - at least 5 times a week. 

0 Kudos
BarryS
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The super long battle with the ROKU Ultra... I gave up on it. The best solution, other than a current smart TV is the Amazon Fire Stick or the Fire Stick 4K version that I have.

0 Kudos