Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AtlHunter

Re: Apple TV+ playback not working

Jump to solution

I had this same problem on my Roku HD Ultra. I tried everything suggested with no luck... just as I was reluctantly getting ready to do a factory reset (I also did a reset on my LG TV).... I found this and it worked.  

Go under Settings —> System —> Advanced System Settings —> Advanced Display Settings —> Auto-adjust display rate (turn this OFF).  It did the trick for me. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Heedlix
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This did it. I don’t have an HDR set, but turning off the auto refresh rate adjust fixed it. Which also doesn’t matter much as mine is only 60Hz. It’s annoying that Apple is treating Roku owners like **bleep** step-children.  

0 Kudos
StevenJay

Jump to solution

I was able to fix the Roku problem on my Apple tv App. Go to settings in the Apple TV app and limit playback to SD in the menu. It works fine now. 

0 Kudos
BarryS
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Are you satisfied with SD picture quality on your 4K TV...? I sure wouldn't be... 

0 Kudos
Lyrlen
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Cleared the cache, took the channel off and put it back on cleared the cache again.  It quits in the middle of opening.  Works on my iPad and Mac just fine.  Something happen?  I also turned the Roku off then on same problem.   It’s annoying it worked 2 weeks ago and all other channels work.  I am not that happy with Apple TV anyway, so why should I bother to keep it

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Lyrlen

Thanks for the post.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Apple TV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Apple TV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://support.apple.com/apple-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
lmolter
Channel Surfer

Re: Apple TV app not working: Problem loading content

Jump to solution

For me, I went to Advanced Display options on my Roku Ultra and changed Automatically Adjust Frame Rate (or something like that) to OFF. Everything works now.

johnSas
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The issue is not resolved , once you start disabling functions you try to work around the issue that exists with the Roku device. Obviously Roku is not interest in resolving the issue by working on it and they are sending us to Apple to avoid the responsibility.. We bought a ROKU device and not an Apple. Roku is responsible for the issue and needs to put engineering to work to solve the problem..  Here you having a bunch of amateurs each one having an opinion about the issue but not real authority or ownership..

Roku we need a solution !!!

BarryS
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I second your opinion! Right on! ROKU is absolutely terrible when it comes to maintaining their devices in a timely fashion and I am speaking from experience of the last several years, regarding my ROKU Ultra device. 

0 Kudos
Heedlix
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for that. The solution that others have mentioned, turning off the auto refresh rate adjust DOES solve the problem. It would be good if Roku could do some digging to see if this bug only appears on TVs that don’t support VRR, as is the case with me. I also agree that Apple should do a better job of their development. It’s like they did a half-assed job bc they know many Apple users are also Roku users who do NOT want to spend $150 more for their streaming device and they want to keep those subscription dollars rolling in. 

Thanks for the reply. 

0 Kudos