Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riya
Channel Surfer

Re: Apple TV+ not working: Problem loading content

Jump to solution

Neither are working on my Roku. The youtube started having issues about three months ago. The Apple app has never worked. Ended up removing all apps due to the repeated "Not enough space" notifications and they still did not work. Roku says its Apple and Youtube, and they both say it's Roku. Three months of the blame game and nothing being done. This is very frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Riya 

Thanks for the post.

When you removed any unused channels on your Roku device, did you make sure to try to perform a factory reset on your Roku device before adding channels? 

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bemo

Jump to solution

I have a 1080 set. Not 4k or HDR. I got the same message(s). What allowed me to watch Apple TV on the Roku was to go the Apple TV settings and set the display to SD only. It's not ideal, but allowed me to watch finally.

0 Kudos
Kima1

Re: Apple TV+ not working: Problem loading content - A fix that worked for me

Jump to solution

Thank you. Thank you. I was having the same issue playing Apple TV from Roku ultra to LG Tv. Tried for 2days and did everything I could find from internet without any result. You saved the day. Thanks

0 Kudos
Seaan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

First, I am pretty certain the root cause of this issue is HDCP handshake (copy protection issue). The quickest workaround is to just unplug and replug the HDMI cable. I noticed others got it to work when the TV was set to SD or other lower than HD resolutions, which pretty much confirms this is a copy protection issue. 

I called Apple support, and after going through the usual troubleshooting, they advised two troubleshooting steps: 
1) Plug the HDMI cable into a different port on the TV (this is because many TVs have plugs with different capabilities)
2) Replace the HDMI cable (some cables have 4K issues). 

Edit: Unfortunately none of the ports, or any of my HDMI cables on hand, were able to resolve this problem. I did make sure my TV was up-to-date with the latest FW, but that didn't help. 
Edit 2: Still experience the problem with 2K connections.

0 Kudos
Joemanatl

Jump to solution

My Apple TV on Roku was working just fine and then for apparently no reason I started getting the dreaded video not available messages.  I read all the entries and started uninstalling, reinstalling, looking at HDMI resolution settings on my Vizio TV and Roku to no avail. None of these procedures worked.  

I then read the entry on starting the show on the Apple TV app on my phone and then starting it on the Roku and incredibly - that worked!    I’m not sure why this worked.  Could it be that Apple trusts it’s own endpoint device and when it sees that the Roku and phone are on the same subnet, it then allows for transmission?

tomy2t0ne

Jump to solution

I also have playback issues on roku. I signed up and everything worked fine. I went back to watch a other episode the next day and nothing would play. After reading through the solutions I tried dropping my resolution to 720p and miraculously the shows started to play! This is very frustrating but seems like a simple fix for Apple to make. 

0 Kudos
adougherty
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Dropping the resolution on my 4K TV is a non-starter. The whole point of HD is that it is high-definition.

If Netflix, Amazon, and Youtube can display content in 1080p and above, Apple should be able to do the same..

0 Kudos
KeithP24

Jump to solution

I have tried ALL of these fixes, including a factory reset and NOTHING has worked! How about a real solution once and for all, please! Thanks!

nuromri
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

For many this is an issue with incompatible 4K SETTINGS.  Get

@KeithP24 wrote:

I have tried ALL of these fixes, including a factory reset and NOTHING has worked! How about a real solution once and for all, please! Thanks!

the latest update for your TV. I had to increase the HDR sampling rate. For others it might be toggling HDR on.  Turning off 4K bypasses the issue but isn’t a solution