Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Apple TV+ not working: Problem loading content - A fix that worked for me

Jump to solution

This actually works!  I don't have an LG TV, I have a Vizio.  I changed the picture setting from "standard" to "movie" and the AppleTV started working.  So, it seems to be an issue between Apple, Roku, and the TV manufacturer.  

0 Kudos
DialloKreed
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV+ not working: Problem loading content

Jump to solution

Still not working for me, even after trying all these suggestions.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have found a work around since there is no real solution. If you play the episode on your IPhone or iPad , the show will steam for you on Roku, So...in my case I start the episode on my iPhone and let it play pass the intro . Stop playing. Turn on Roku go to Apple TV plus app and on the Roku, then you will see a progress bar on the show. You can then watch shows on your TV via the Roku express and Apple TV app. Basic steps- play episode on iPhone for a few seconds. Then go to Apple TV app and stream the episode that would not normally play. 

spender1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 3920RW / 9.3.0 version attached to a Samsung TV. I can access Apple TV, but the display is way off. My settings in Roku are 720, but to even see the majority of the home screen of Apple TV it has to be at 1028 (and some of the screen is still not visible). 1028 setting is too big for my TV and it makes everything else I view off the tv screen. Apple TV is the ONLY tile that shows a different display. I have uninstalled / reinstalled and reset both the Apple TV and Roku apps. I have restarted my internet connection as well. I have talked with Apple TV support - they tried to help within Apple TV tile but Apple TV is fine - it's the display that is off.  Apple TV used to work fine, but started doing this about 3 weeks ago. How do I get the display for that one tile to match everything else? 

0 Kudos
actorney

Jump to solution

I am having a variation of the same problem. If content is in my Apple TV library, it plays. But with new original programming in 4K, I get the same “video is unavailable” message. I have re-installed the app and restarted, I have done a hard power cycle, I have called Apple, and they say it is your problem. I have a Sony 4K that is a few years old, so I don’t think it takes a 64fps setting. However, this is a new problem. I was able to watch all of “The Morning Show” on 4K some months ago without an issue. It’s very frustrating.

0 Kudos
sigo23

Re: Apple TV+ not working: Problem loading content - A fix that worked for me

Jump to solution

This worked for me too on my Panasonic before uninstalling and reinstalling Apple+ app. Thanks, saved me a lot of time and frustration. S

0 Kudos
Riya
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you! I have been going back and forth between Apple, Roku, and Youtube with the same issue and no one wants to accept responsibility and just fix these issues and resolve them once and for all. meanwhile, I am down to 10 months of my free year of Apple tv, and not being able to watch it even once. Youtube, not being able to watch it at all either. If we wanted to watch this on our tablets or phones, we never would have purchased smart tv's or Roku's, so it's time to either fix these issues, or let us know so we can purchase the necessary equipment from other companies and be done with these problems.

nuromri
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The real solutions I’ve seen in this forum revolve around fiddling with the 4K settings of your TV. For me it was adjusting the frame rate and hdr status. Also download the latest TV update.   Incompatibility leads to the video won’t play message

0 Kudos
DialloKreed
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This didn't work for me. ☹️ I resorted to switching to my Amazon Firestick when I want to watch stuff on Apple TV. Glad I have options but it sucks to do that. 

@Chickenlips wrote:

I have found a work around since there is no real solution. If you play the episode on your IPhone or iPad , the show will steam for you on Roku, So...in my case I start the episode on my iPhone and let it play pass the intro . Stop playing. Turn on Roku go to Apple TV plus app and on the Roku, then you will see a progress bar on the show. You can then watch shows on your TV via the Roku express and Apple TV app. Basic steps- play episode on iPhone for a few seconds. Then go to Apple TV app and stream the episode that would not normally play. 

DialloKreed
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wow YouTube TV isn't working on your Roku either? I've never had that issue 

0 Kudos