Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cd2448
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV+ not working: Problem loading content

Jump to solution

I bought a Roku Express specifically to watch Apple TV+, and now no single video will play. This is working on my iPad so seems my account is ok, but ever6 video I watch I get “video is not available, try again in a moment”. This is going back to Amazon if I can’t fix this so need help now.

I did see the question posted a few times but I never saw a resolution!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JWBoulder
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV+ not working: Problem loading content - A fix that worked for me

Jump to solution

I also had the issue of Apple+ TV not playing 4K/HDR content via my Roku (4 Premier).  I always got the message “Video is not available, try again in a moment”.  Tried the uninstall/reinstall nonsense to no avail.

I finally found the problem. I'm using an LG OLED TV and in the picture settings for the TV there is an option called "HDMI Ultra Deep HD Color".  This was enabled by default on HDMI 1 of my TV.  Turning that option off immediately solved the problem with Apple+ TV.  It now works properly via my Roku to the LG OLED TV.

I hope this is helpful to others.

Additional resources that you might find helpful:

View solution in original post

lmolter
Channel Surfer

Re: Apple TV app not working: Problem loading content

Jump to solution

For me, I went to Advanced Display options on my Roku Ultra and changed Automatically Adjust Frame Rate (or something like that) to OFF. Everything works now.

View solution in original post

184 REPLIES 184
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Apple TV app not working: Problem loading content

Jump to solution

@cd2448 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Has the Apple TV+ channel worked before on your device, or are is this the first time you are trying to view content on this channel?

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

For more information about setting the Apple TV+ channel on your device, visit our Support page here: How do I use the Apple TV channel on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
cd2448
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I tried this and it made no difference, same result. Any other ideas? If I can't get this working I'm going to have to bail on Roku after being a loyal user for like 10 years. I loved that it was neutral to the content providers, but right now that's not working out for me as it won't play Apple TV+ content.

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@cd2448 

Thanks for the follow0up. Are other channels streaming normally on your device, such as YouTube or The Roku Channel?

Have you contacted Apple TV support to request support and see what other troubleshooting they can provide? Roku doesn't develop most channels (apps) directly, including AppleTV. If other channels on your device are working normally, and you only encounter this issue inside a specific channel, it's likely an issue that the channel provider themselves will need to address directly. 

Please keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
amykstoney
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have had the same problem with playback on Apple TV, I tried re-installing as suggested and it didn’t fix the problem. It did create a new one where it now is stuck on signing me in with my Apple ID. I first called Apple support, they have no fix and say that this is a third party issue, that Roku needs to fix it on their end. I do at times have streaming issues on other apps. The Roku Express I have doesn’t seem as reliable as my 2010 Apple TV device, nor the newer smart TV’s

Tjgust

Jump to solution

I to am having the same problem. Apple TV works in my tv. Bought 2 express from Walmart neither one will let me sign into Apple TV.  I have done all of the BS restarts and so on.  What’s the fix or should I just go buy Apple TV stick?   Times ticking on this. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Tjgust 

Thanks for the note.

Have you made sure that after you removed the channel that you restarted your device before adding the channel back again?

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Apple TV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Apple TV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://support.apple.com/tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Juanellis

Jump to solution

HI, I also recently bought a roku express+ device, and for 3 days Apple tv was working fine, but suddenly, none of the videos played And i always get the same message saying the video is not available try again in a few moments. And other channels which were working now don't even open

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Juanellis 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are having issues with a specific channel, we would recommend removing the channel, restarting your device, and then adding the channel back again.

However, if you are having issues with all of your channels, we would recommend checking your internet connection.

For more information about checking your internet connection, visit our Support page here: How do I check the connection to my home network and the internet?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wenjenaz

Jump to solution

The tech support on this page sounds like a friggin broken record! "remove Apple TV and restart." That is their "go-to answer" for everything, it seems. That, and contact the channel provider. So then when you reach out to the channel provider, in this case Apple, they say, no, it's not OUR problem. Talk to Roku. Then the customer gets batted back and forth like a tennis ball. Nothing gets solved because the players involved just point fingers at each other, neither accepting responsibility. Here's a novel solution: how about Roku and Apple collaborate and find out why the heck things are not working like they should be? It's frustrating that I purchased a movie on one Roku (it played fine the first time) but can't get it to play on another Roku within the same household. Extremely frustrated with BOTH of these services.