Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jekdes
Level 7

Apple TV keeps loading and then returning to the Home Page

I have 3 roku devices and my roku express will not load the apple tv streaming service .

Says it is loading but then goes back to the home page.

i deleted this app and reinstalled and also deleted other apps and still get the same error.

This just started happening a few days ago and I have not added another streaming service in months!

Please help!!

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Apple TV keeps loading and then returning to the Home Page

Hello @jekdes

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order, we would recommend giving it a shot once again. 

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after as well as if you're getting an error message.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CelticRule
Level 8

I to am having the same issue w/Apple TV on my Roku. I went to watch latest ep. of Ted Lasso on Friday and I came across same issue. Loading--loading twice then home. Yes I did uninstall -restart-re-install  Apple and still same. I even tried switching some audio options as I saw that in another post -- NADA . 

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@CelticRule

Thanks for the post.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Apple TV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Apple TV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://support.apple.com/apple-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
RoyKent
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R  Hi. 
I am having this exact same problem; it started failing on Saturday for me. 

I just got off a 30 minute phone call with Apple senior support, and after some debugging they referred me to Roku. One important thing that we noticed is that the Roku channel store lists Apple TV as version 8.0.0, but when I add that channel and look at its version using the options ‘*’, it shows version 7.0.0. Do you have insight into whether that could cause this problem?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
CelticRule
Level 8

Not sure what the run around is about. The issue is simple the companies are not supporting the products. We the consumers must just sit and wait or --upgrade your Roku . Shame on both Companies for not wanting to explain the situation better to us .

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@RoyKent

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

In addition, have you already tried checking for a channel update by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button and selecting Check for updates.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CelticRule
Level 8

Not sure about Roy K -- I did that several times. This is a problem please look into it. It's not an isolated issue a few are having an issue. Dan come on man kick this upstairs or ask IT to take a look . As I had mentioned -- is this a ploy to get consumers to upgrade ? Roy K was on phone w/Apple 30 min NADA . Tomorrow another Ted Lasso comes out, please look into this. I could contact local news about major corporations not supporting their products ? I would hope it does not come to this .  

0 Kudos
RoyKent
Level 7

I took all the steps that Danny recommended and they didn’t help. 

But- I started randomly deleting a lot of other channels that I had installed (but never watch), and then I launched Apple TV and it worked(!)

I don’t know if that will work for other people but it seemed to help for me. 
BTW, my Apple TV app is still reporting as V7.0.0