Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Apple TV crashing and freezing

Hey @Gorcey

Thanks for the post.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing Apple TV? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jesstray
Reel Rookie

No luck. I think that it is time to find another streaming solution. I am frustrated with Roku's lack of response, so I'd rather deal with a company that respects its customer base.

0 Kudos
JDGryph

Everyone paying attention to this thread - I have a Google Chromecast and a Roku on the same TV. If I try to stream Apple TV on the Roku, constant buffering - makes shows unwatchable.

Switch to the Chromecase, everything is peachy keen.

This is a Roku issue. One they don't seem to want to investigate properly.

0 Kudos
Ethology

Completed steps in order and Apple TV App still freezes. This does not occur w Apple TV on Fire TV

0 Kudos
Ethology

See your fix recommendation however this doesn't occur w Apple TV on fire stick

0 Kudos
White84
Reel Rookie

I have issues with AppleTV channel  freezing after 30 seconds on Roku Ultra. But if I cast from AppleTV app on my phone through Roku Ultra, there’s never a problem. My other tvs with different Roku devices can use the AppleTV channel no problem. Doesn’t make any sense!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@White84

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
White84
Reel Rookie

Nope. Tried all that. It did improve, but still freezes whether I’m watching a live baseball game or a series on demand. Oddly, casting from my iPhone app to the Roku Ultra still works seamlessly.

0 Kudos
DougFromLI
Reel Rookie

Add Sharp Roku TV to this list. Watching Yankees/Royals game tonight was unwatchable. Hung at least a dozen times. Had to exit and restart Apple app. Tried updating the App (didn’t help), tried restarting Roku TV (didn’t help), tried deleting app/restarting Roku tv/RE-adding app (didn’t work). At first, I thought it was an Apple server issue, but from the sounds of thread, seems like a Roku Apple app issue. Does NOT happen with any other app or streaming service ever (my WiFi connection has Excellent status on Roku).

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@White84 @DougFromLI

Thanks for the posts.

If you are only experiencing a playback issue on the Apple TV channel, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further to see what insight they can provide. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos