Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Apple TV crashing and freezing

@Alex10 

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Jpdevil

This is so frustrating   I have the same issue   Tried everything suggested here  What is going on with Apple and Roku ?   ItvApple TV no longer a supported App on Roku    ?  

Wjv7
Reel Rookie

Same issue. It’s seems like a buffering issue. Sometimes when I pause the stream and let it sit for awhile it will play without freezing at all or at least for longer periods before freezing. It seems to happen more during peak hours. For example, when a new episode of Ted Lasso releases on a Friday it’s almost impossible to stream it Friday evening. When I try to stream it later in the week it seems to happen less or not at all. This is just my own observation.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Wjv7

Thanks for reaching out.

Does the issue only occur on Apple TV? Buffering usually occurs when the internet connection provided by your internet service provider cannot supply data fast enough for the playback device.

You can try these simple tips and troubleshooting steps as this may help with the connectivity issue: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Peebot
Channel Surfer

Same issue here. It will play a show for about 1-2 minutes, then sound starts dropping out, then picture freezes, then Roku crashes and restarts. It almost always only happens once for me, once it's knees buckle and Roku restarts then it plays fine for that session of tv. When Appletv is started the next time the process usually repeats, although not always. 

Appletv is the only app/channel where this is happening. I'd say it's about 70% of the time. Not fun at all. 

0 Kudos
Wjv7
Reel Rookie

It ONLY occurs with Apple TV. I have a high speed cable connection and I’ve tested my speeds and they are fine. Seems many other people have the exact same problem and it doesn’t respond to reinstalling and rebooting the apps/programs. 

0 Kudos
Alex10
Reel Rookie

This is not an internet bandwidth issue. We’re all reporting the same issue. It appears to be a playback issue isolated to Apple TV+. Deleting and reinstalling Apple TV+ has no effect. Once Apple TV+ freezes, the roku will crash and then upon reboot Apple TV+ works fine but only for that instance. The next day it’ll be a repeat of the same reported issues.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

For us to isolate the problem, please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
user_3000
Reel Rookie

Kariza,

My freezing issue with AppleTV seems to be solved.

When I submitted this note, my Roku software build was 4174 and now it is 4181. I'm assuming that this has something to do with the fix. Maybe it wasn't an issue with the AppleTV app after all...

This issue is closed from my perspective

Jhf

Same.  Crashes locks up and sound out of sync.  Sucks ass.  Please fix.  Its 2021 and these are likely the most popular way in the world to watch apple tv.  Through Roku.   Freaking fix this.   Good grief.  No its not my responsibility to turn **bleep** on and off in some top secret sequence.  Im the customer paying 2 subscription fees.  Please get your geeks on the leash and make this bs go away.  Good day Sir. 

0 Kudos