Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dkateeb

Apple TV crashing and freezing

Frequent issues with apple tv app freezing and crashing on Roku. I’m assuming this is a AppleTV problem as I barely have this issue with other apps. Anyone have similar issues? Amy known fixes?

65 REPLIES 65
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Apple TV crashing and freezing

@Dkateeb

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more, specifically in that order.

Does that resolve the issue you are experiencing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Chues

I am having the same problem and it repeatedly has crashed the TV itself. I performed the suggested troubleshooting action you mentioned but it still is crashing the tv. The entire screen goes black but I can hear the sound effects when I press the home button.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Chues

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? If it only happens when accessing that one channel while other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
AAM508

I’m having the same issue(s) btw. Only Apple TV. It either freezes and or sounds got delayed.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@AAM508 

Sometimes, restarting the Roku will resolve issues such as that.

Sometimes, it takes more. If necessary, try this, all three steps, in this order:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

Don't mess with the order. All three steps, in the order listed. Yes, the order is important.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

@Dkateeb wrote:

Frequent issues with apple tv app freezing and crashing on Roku. I’m assuming this is a AppleTV problem as I barely have this issue with other apps. Anyone have similar issues? Amy known fixes?

Same issue here. We’ve tried removing the Apple channel, restarting the Roku, reinstalling the Apple channel, and reentering my credentials, keeps working intermittently.

My Roku works for literally every other channel we have, so appears to be an Apple-Roku issue 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Raleighreef

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

I'd recommend following my suggestion in my post above. The channel's customer support team is the best one to assist you with this matter. You can contact Apple TV Support here: https://support.apple.com/tv

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

i’ve been having the same issue too. you can share feedback with Apple Developers here.

Alex10
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue. Apple TV loses desyncs sound first, then the video freezes, after a minute or so the roku crashes and everything has to be rebooted. Problem is isolated to the Apple TV channel. I’ve tried deleting/reinstalling the app, problem persists.