Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WOliver
Channel Surfer

Re: Apple TV crashing and freezing

I started watching AppleTV about 5 weeks ago. Everytime I watch it on either of my Roku boxes the sound starts to cut out and the picture starts to stutter. I have gone through all of the suggested ideas of uninstalling the app, rebooting the Roku to wipe the cache, reinstalling app and adding a micro SD card to the units. No help. Both of my devices are Model 4630X with software version 10.5.0.4208. I frequently stream 4K to all of the other apps without problems.

0 Kudos
yordi
Binge Watcher

i have a westinghouse roku and apple tv is causing issue for me aswell

0 Kudos
darrend

I think it is obvious that "Danny" is a virtual entity since he is giving the same reply verbatim even after the forum has debunked "his" repair option.  Does anyone have any real information?  Does this only happen during Ted Lasso or is it all programs?  I have multiple Roku devices and it is only happening on one...is that the case for others?

0 Kudos
areemefsee
Reel Rookie

I did notice the most dramatic issues when watching Ted Lasso.

0 Kudos
WOliver
Channel Surfer

For me, it is everything I watch. I only started watching it about maybe a month ago. It kept happening for the Foundation series, the Invasion series and the movie Finch. I haven't tried any other shows. I have many streaming services I use through Roku, and I ever have a problem.

0 Kudos
GaHeel
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue with only Apple TV and a Hisense Roku tv. Intermittent freezing which makes watching Apple TV unwatchable- like it’s buffering but the wired speed is perfectly fine. Clearly a glitch with Apple TV and Roku. Too bad, by the looks of this string, nobody really cares. 

WOliver
Channel Surfer

I finally gave up and cancelled AppleTV. Shows were unwatchable. Hopefully they will fix the issue before they air the new seasons of the shows I liked.

0 Kudos
DLO32
Reel Rookie

Thanks! I just reported the issue via the Apple TV app feedback link. It consistently happens on several tcl roku tvs and a roku streaming stick. 

0 Kudos
DLO32
Reel Rookie

This happens on 6 TCL Roku TVs and both our streaming devices, a 4K stick and the newest 4K stand alone roku device. 

0 Kudos
Gorcey
Reel Rookie

Happening to me as well -

issue has been going on for at least 3 weeks where all AppleTV shows periodically hang up and freeze. Have deleted & reinstalled the app as well as restarted my Roku and updated the software. 

I am using a Roku 4K Streambar on a Samsung TV. Any potential fixes?

0 Kudos