Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wendy1519
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV crashing and freezing

This has been happening for some time and I just nstalled a new Roku thinking it might resolve it, but no. 

Roku device model, serial number: 3820X streaming stick 4K, serial num X0170099A8FT, device ID SO8Y4189A8, software OS/version 10.51, build 4043-CU
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? Apple TV, version 8, build 119
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times): nothing happens when I do this (device is frozen) 
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: just turning on Apple TV

0 Kudos
GMCuster

I am not seeing crashes.  On Apple TV+ only I see recurring momentary freezes after which the programming continues.  This is very distracting.  Is there a fix for this?

George

dbthings

So glad Apple is paying attention. I've been watching this and other threads for months as everyone is complaining of exact same issue. Response: NOTHING.

Roku could help, but instead of advocating for their customers, they just say: ask Apple.  Riiiiiight because that has panned out so well.

Help! Please. Actually help!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Wendy1519

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate team to investigate further.

In the meantime, when did you start seeing this issue occur? Please keep us posted and we will be able to look into the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jesstray
Reel Rookie

I have been experiencing this issue non stop now. Apple tv constantly pauses or crashes Roku. I look forward to the small amount of free time to enjoy watching my shows but it is impossible.

Roku please do something about this. 

0 Kudos
Wendy1519
Reel Rookie

Danny,

This has been going on since I started watching Apple TV which was maybe a month before Season 2 of Ted Lasso started. 

Wendy

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jesstray @Wendy1519

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Same issue here.   I have a #4660X-RokuUltra software 10.0.0 build 4209-46. My Roku Ultra is on a wired connection. Connection speed is consistent at +500mb down and +37mb up.  

0 Kudos
Cwolly

I am also having this same issue, only with Apple TV on Roku TV software version 10.0.0 build 4209. Constantly freezes, then eventually completely reboots while playing video on Apple TV app. Following the steps to reinstall and reboot does nothing. Same issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@_desperate4afi_ @Cwolly

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart, specifically in that order. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos