Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Apple TV channel - Login Failure

Jump to solution

This recommendation actually made the problem worse. This is definitely a Roku issue because there isn't a problem with my Apple TV. When I was able to log in, it was trying to get me to pay for a subscription I already have.

Kjwhitcomb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a 4670. Couldn’t log on to the Apple TV+ app either through phone or on device. I just cleared my cache (home x5, up, rewind x2, ff x2), waited for Roku to come back, went into the app and login worked. All logged in now. Give it a try.

0 Kudos
Jaxco
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

all of that BS has been done multiple times.  It does not work.  ALL of my info is correct.  If there were no problems with the roku app no-one would have this issue.  It does not even allow me to sign in to the roku app via a mobile  device.  firesticks work, mobile app works, samsung app works - roku app does not work

0 Kudos
Kjwhitcomb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Don’t know what to tell you Jaxco. Mine wasn’t working, cleared the cache, and now Roku channel works fine.

0 Kudos
Jaxco
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Several. Times.  The 4670 is working but all of the other devices I have on the supported lists will absolutely not work.

0 Kudos
Mrhaave
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm in the same boat. This is annoying. 6 months later and it still hasn't been fixed? This is ridiculous. 

Mrhaave
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine is a 7105x model tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jaxco @Mrhaave 

Thanks for the note.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Apple TV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Apple TV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://support.apple.com/apple-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Techrules
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not sure if this helps anyone. But it helped me.

On Roku settings I changed my display type from auto detect to 4k 60hz. It was automatically detecting the app as 4k 60 hz with HDR. 

I removed the HDR and made it just normal 4k.

Works now

sixtoe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I got to be honest, I thought "this person must be replying to the wrong thread. Why would changing screen resolution affect the Apple TV login failure?"

But I did as you suggested, and sure enough, it works. 

0 Kudos