Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: I'm unable to sign in to Apple TV on my new Roku Smart TV

Jump to solution

@EJ Thanks for the note. You'll want to contact Apple TV support to report the issue you are seeing and request additional help with their channel on the Roku platform. 

In general, we recommend trying the following to troubleshoot channel issues:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku Home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key and choosing 'Remove channel'.

2. Restart your Roku device from Settings>System>System restart

3. Once your device restarts, add the channel back once more from 'Streaming channels'.

Feel free to send me a private message with your Roku device's serial number from Settings>System>About, along with your Apple ID email address and any other details about your account, location, etc. I can help pass this feedback along to the channel provider. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
EJ
Reel Rookie

Re: I'm unable to sign in to Apple TV on my new Roku Smart TV

Jump to solution

Yes, I tried all of those things you suggested. I'm not in front of my TV at the moment. But when I'm back, I may private message you. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jack2

Re: Apple TV channel - Login Failure

Jump to solution
I tried the fix posted here (trying to set up on my brand new Roku Ultras). I deleted AppleTV, removed sdCard, unplugged, etc. still couldn’t get beyond error page...”Wait a moment, then try again.” I certainly hope AppleTV or Roku figure this out. I would love to watch my content on my RokuUltra (I’ve had AppleTV for several years, I much MUCH prefer Roku.
0 Kudos
Masner

50” RCA verification failures for Apple TV App

Jump to solution

I am having quite a time trying to make the Apple TV app work on my RCA 50” 4K tv. It keeps saying verification failure when I try mobile authentication and when I try to sign in it just gives me a spinning wheel. I have deleted and reinstalled. Reset. But still the same thing. Any suggestions?

[post merged with already existing thread]

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: 50” RCA verification failures for Apple TV App

Jump to solution

As an additional troubleshooting step, I'd recommend trying to connect your Roku device to a different wireless network, then go through the login process to see if this helps resolve the issue you're running into. It's possible that some network settings or configurations may be impacting your ability to sign in. If that still isn't doing the trick, I'd recommend following up with Apple support again to continue requesting help. 

Feel free to send me a private message with your Roku's serial number from Settings>System>About, along with the error you are seeing and your Apple ID. I can help pass this information along to the channel provider as well. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Moobytuesday
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
What if you have a roku tv and have no option to remove an SD card? No matter what I select I am stuck on signing in if I choose sign in o. This device. If I try any other option I get a verification error immediately
specwarx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
This was fixed immediately for me with an upgrade to 9.2.0.

Roku should push that out to all eligible devices.

0 Kudos
Blujay718
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Updated the firmware on my TCL Roku , deleted, rebooted, reinstalled the app. Still just says ‘signing in’ and spins forever. Even spent an hour on the phone with Apple. I can log into my Apple ID everywhere else except the Roku.
0 Kudos
specwarx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
What version of software are you running on your Roku? In my experience I wasn’t able to get it to work on 9.1.2. I had to upgrade to 9.2 for it to work correctly.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Blujay718  Thanks for letting us know.

As a last resort troubleshooting method, you might try performing a factory reset on your TV, then checking for any system updates. Once you're on the latest version/build, try adding the Apple TV channel back once more. If the issue persists from there, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your TV from Settings>System>About, along with your Apple ID. I'll help pass your feedback along and see if there are any other suggestions we can offer. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos