Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaquith
Binge Watcher

Re: Apple TV channel - Login Failure

Jump to solution
I'm on hold with Apple support right now. I'm thinking either Roku OS 9.2 (I'm running 9.1) is required, my version of Roku hardware or HD TV vs 4K TV. I even tried to DMZ Host the Roku to rule out any firewall issue. As I mentioned I have two (2) identical Roku Ultras with same issue.

Any fix from Apple I'll post it.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Roku OS 9.2 is NOT required for the Apple TV app. Roku OS 9.1 build 4919 is the minimum requirement (For Roku Players and Streaming Sticks). 

Have you tried logging in with a separate Apple ID account (maybe one without 2-factor authentication enabled) to see if this is successful? That may help eliminate some of the possibilities of the root cause of the issue. 

Please do keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

markazali
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

this is the error I'm getting trying to link via my phone. No code ever comes up. I'm using a Roku 4200x behind Google WiFi

error

Jaquith
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
Yes, I get the same error using either the .. Sign In On Mobile Device or New Apple ID. The login feature just spins after good or even correct bad login information.

Yesterday I started a ticket with Apple Engineers and hopefully they'll fix the problem soon.
Teadkins

Jump to solution
Worked on my Roku TV, but not logging in or working on Roku ULtra or Roku Stick +.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Teadkins Thanks for reaching out. Are all of your Roku devices linked to the same Roku account, and were you trying to log into the Apple TV channel using the same Apple ID on all devices? 

0 Kudos
Sputs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Can I jump in and ask ...I've set up a Apple account on my tablet but when I try to sign in on my Roku stick plus ....it tells me I need a ITunes account.  I don't have a computer at all ...so how do I get this to work . I've already had to jump thought hoops to get this far 

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Sputs  Thanks for the note. Just to confirm, have you followed the steps to sign in that are listed in our support article here? https://support.roku.com/article/360036652634-how-do-i-use-the-apple-tv-channel-on-my-roku-streaming...

Could you please include a picture of the error message you are seeing on screen with your reply?

Thanks,

Tanner 

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

One more question here for everyone: 

- If you have a micro-SD card inserted into your device, try removing this, restart your device, then try signing in again. Does this allow you to them sign in? 

Please keep us posted as we continue to investigate the issue alongside the channel provider. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Sputs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If I try log in with mobile device I am told I need a ITunes account...this is the error on my tv 20191016_200208.jpg

0 Kudos