Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Apple TV channel - Login Failure

Jump to solution

@ebonieneedshelp wrote:

Where can I find my SD card slot on the onn Roku TV? I tried looking for it. 

As mentioned, no Roku TV has an SD card slot. And they've even removed it from the newest version of the Ultra, so Roku has removed the SD card option completely from their devices. The Wiki page indicates the Ultra 4800 still has one, but all images of the actual device shows no such slot. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
LANjt

Jump to solution

Just had this issue today - 12-9-20. I’m not going to live long enough to try most of the fixes. I deleted the app, reinstalled, and it let me sign in. 

0 Kudos
SalPacino
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

4000x Roku devices are not supported.

0 Kudos
SalPacino
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just purchased an onn. 32” HD Roku and a Roku HD Express today. Express signed I to Apple TV+ app with no issues from my iOS device.

The issue appears to be software/firmware. 

Install & Launch AppleTV+
Settings>Accounts>Sign In
Select [Sign In on Mobile Device]
Immediately get the error “Verification Failed. There were errors signing you in. Wait a moment, then try again..”

Didnt have a chance to try and sign in or get the scan QR code screen.

Tried selecting [Sign in on this device]
promted to enter Apple ID using keyboard; Entered Apple ID, clicked [Continue]
Prompted to enter password using keyboard; Entered password and clicked [Sign In], Same Result
Immediately get the error “Verification Failed.....”

Just for kicks selected [Create Apple ID] and immediately get “Verification Failed....”

This sis not a log in issue with Apple. The app is not connecting to the authentication servers at all which means the tv is either not recognized by Apple as a supported device or the software/firmware is corrupted or there’s a networking issue. 

This is a supported device 8000x Roku TV

Not a networking issue as another Roku device purchased today signed in with no issue.

performed the following steps multiple times:

- Removed / Added AppleTV+ app

- Disconnected/Reconnected power to tv

- Factory reset tv using menu options

- Factory reset tv using reset button on rear panel below HDMI/USB ports as directed by onn. TV support.

ive been in touch with onn. and they referred me to Roku since you handle all the apps but they did agree to escalate to their engineering team.

i am also in contact with Apple support and they would like to have an engineering ticket number from your team as well. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@SalPacino wrote:

4000x Roku devices are not supported.

The 4400 might not be supported, but the Ultra 4640 and higher are supported. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
tetudc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Many conversations about this online. The only way we will get it fixed is to flood Apple and Roku with support cases.

You'll need to call Apple (don't bother with chat) and then repeat over and over that your issue is the Apple TV app on Roku. You will get offered issues with your Apple ID (this isn't that) and with the Apple TV device (this isn't that). Just keep repeating "Apple TV app on Roku" until you get to someone who knows what a Roku is. Don't hang up until you talk to a "senior advisor" who asks for pictures of the error and the About screen of your Roku.

contact phone numbers for Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

0 Kudos
Delirio
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is the only thing that worked.  “What finally worked for me was putting the Roku into guest mode, and adding the Apple TV channel. I was then able to sign in. Then when I exited guest mode sign in worked normally.” Thank you. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is just stupid. This is just a random bunch of directions that don't really seem to apply to any problem. Didn't work, won't work.  Why is this solution considered to be useful at all.  There should be a clear set of steps, not try this thing over and over, then try some other random thing.

0 Kudos
Delirio
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unfortunately with technology, the same problem can have different causes and hence troubleshooting, or trying different things needs to happen in order to solve the same issue.  What solves the problem for one TV will not necessarily solve it for another.  

Ironically the human body is the same way… different solutions for the same problem depending on the individual and we need to try many until we hit the right one.

0 Kudos
Jaquith
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The problem that I posted the solution for a long time ago now was to resolve a bug that if the Apple TV app was installed on an SD card it would not successfully login no matter what you tried. Also since that time non-apple devices such as an Android phone are now supported for login. 

You might need to use Apple's 2FA site in some cases for non-apple devices https://appleid.apple.com/

Since this post I set up my own Apple ID from an Android account and the login was very straightforward of just using my username (email) and password.

0 Kudos