Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
badapple

Re: Apple TV channel - Login Failure

Jump to solution

Here we are, almost one year later.  My takeaway from all of this is to steer clear of Apple & Roku.  All I've had is problems with Apple TV on my Roku 3 4230X.  First, none of the Apple TV+ content would play back.  After clearing my cache and reinstalling the channel, now I can't even log in due to a verification error not showing the qr code for my phone and it also happens right after I manually log-in. So far I've cleared the cache, reinstalled the channel, reset the channel, disconnected my roku after uninstalling the channel and still no results.  I understand that Apple wants to push their own streaming devices, but this is absurd.  Shame on Roku for playing along and not outright removing this poorly made channel.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@badapple wrote:

Here we are, almost one year later.  My takeaway from all of this is to steer clear of Apple & Roku.  All I've had is problems with Apple TV on my Roku 3 4230X.  First, none of the Apple TV+ content would play back.  After clearing my cache and reinstalling the channel, now I can't even log in due to a verification error not showing the qr code for my phone and it also happens right after I manually log-in. So far I've cleared the cache, reinstalled the channel, reset the channel, disconnected my roku after uninstalling the channel and still no results.  I understand that Apple wants to push their own streaming devices, but this is absurd.  Shame on Roku for playing along and not outright removing this poorly made channel.

Well, it works just fine on newer Roku devices, so perhaps the 4230 simply can't handle it. I just fired it up on my Sharp Roku TV (which is 3 years old now), which I haven't used for that channel since it was released. It had to reload on the TV, but it started up, I was logged in, and I could play something from my library. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
mike1966

Jump to solution

That's funny  Just got off the phone with Apple. They said to contact Roku?????? I don't have an SD card in my Roku model 3900X, and it worked before the audio went out last night. Unfortunately, I followed another thread here to fix the audio issue, and now it has landed me here with this new issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mike1966 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kevin15
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a TCL TV and had the same issue. What finally worked for me was putting the Roku into guest mode, and adding the Apple TV channel. I was then able to sign in. Then when I exited guest mode sign in worked normally.   Hope this helps. 

Jaxco
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This absolutely WORKS on TCL Roku TV!!!  I cannot believe a solution has FINALLY worked for me.  So far I am only watching on guest mode but even that is good enough!!! - UPDATE - Logged in normally now no longer in guest mode.  This worked flawlessly for me, THANK YOU!!

Thank you, obviously this is a +1!!

kevin15
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So glad I could help.  I know how unbelievably frustrating this has been.

Fair warning, when I exited guest mode all of my services (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu) lost their login information and I had to sign back into each of them.

Jaxco
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I was lucky, All of my logins were saved.  Flawless experience.

0 Kudos
Blujay718
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

WOW! I’ve literally been waiting a year for Roku or Apple tech support to give me an answer that was better than ‘call the other guys’ and this worked perfectly! Thank you ! 

0 Kudos
bianka4177
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This did not work

im using a Express 

when I selected Apple TV it just locks up and restarts the device every time 

disney plus and Hulu are also not available options to add even though it is advertised as such

0 Kudos