Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Apple TV channel - Login Failure

Jump to solution

@sixtoe wrote:

I got to be honest, I thought "this person must be replying to the wrong thread. Why would changing screen resolution affect the Apple TV login failure?"

But I did as you suggested, and sure enough, it works. 

Not the first weird off the wall solution I've heard of, but it certainly ranks near the top. Once you've logged in, can you change back to 4K/HDR?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
SpiderJerusalem
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm guessing this was done on a streaming stick or similar? I checked my TCL Roku TV and don't have an option for changing the display type. Very interesting that this works. I wasn't able to bring up the *Options while in the AppleTV app to try and make a change there. That seems like a problem?

0 Kudos
Blujay718
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No idea. I gave up on this months ago. Too many other services that are far easier to use for me to keep chasing something neither Apple or Roku seems interested in fixing. 

0 Kudos
AledGUK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve tried everything in this response/solution and still won’t work. Have contacted Apple and they couldn’t get it to work and suggested I get in touch with Roku directly. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Techrules
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What type of TV and Roku do you have?

0 Kudos
AledGUK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

LG TV and Roku 3 device. Apple rep’ confirmed that it’s compatible but still can’t login to account. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

You must clear the cache on your device, this will 100% work. Press the home button 5x, up arrow 1x, rewind button 2x, and finally the fast forward button 2x. Now wait for your device to restart. After, sign in. You’re welcome 😃

0 Kudos
AledGUK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks but this didn’t work 😬😥

0 Kudos
Jaxco
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

NO - it does NOT work for every so-called "supported device".  See above.  I am not typing the whole 9 yards again.  But no, it fails a lot.  NOW another app is requiring me to login again every time I open it.  Getting sick of Roku after 6 years, 6 devices.

0 Kudos
horchata

Jump to solution

Anyone end up having any luck getting Apple TV app to work on a TCL TV? (I have 7101X).

Everything's been updated, restarted, cache cleared a dozen times. Apple ID works on several other devices. Every other Roku app works. Help! 

0 Kudos