Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moobytuesday
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV channel - Login Failure

Jump to solution
Hi,
I’ve still had no luck with my Roku TV 7113X either. The most frustrating thing of all I think is that I can install Apple TV on all of my roku sticks. Just drives me crazy. Guess I will order a Roku stick for my Roku TV lol problem solved!
0 Kudos
Hugh2121

Jump to solution

I to am experiencing the same issues with the Apple TV channel on my TCL Roku tv. When selecting sign in on mobile device it pops up with the verification failed message, with my login info it just keeps spinning. Any fix to this issue yet? I have tried all methods to get it to work.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@AtlantAnne wrote:

This is why i don’t like roku & why I don’t like apple ... get a fire stick if you want to watch it.. & plug into your roku smart tv & never look back. Roku is not sitting edge technology. It’s old technology & judging from the official “from roku” forum answers pointing everyone to apple to solve a Roku issue, I see they don’t have the desire or ability to stay current.

Nonsense. Roku is similar technology to the Fire TV. Plus, with the Fire you have to contend with all the Amazon based ads and user interface.

And Apple is the one that has to resolve the issue, because it's their app/channel. Roku has no access to the code, so how can they fix it? ATV+ works fine on all my Roku devices, both TV and player. It also works fine on my Nvidia Shield, which is quadruple the cost of my Premiere. The only place the Shield is better than my Roku devices is for my local media playback. Other than that, the Roku is equal or better than the Shield. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
FM1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Here we are months later and still no resolution.  Just loaded Apple TV on a Roku3 4200X with similar results.  Latest OS on the Roku.  No SD Card.  Latest AppleTV app version.  No verification code.  Fail.  No login success, spinning endlessly.  Fail.  Reboot, fail.  etc etc etc..  tired of messing with it.  Bought two Fire TV Stick 4K's today to replace the Roku's in my house.  

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@FM1 wrote:

Here we are months later and still no resolution.  Just loaded Apple TV on a Roku3 4200X with similar results.  Latest OS on the Roku.  No SD Card.  Latest AppleTV app version.  No verification code.  Fail.  No login success, spinning endlessly.  Fail.  Reboot, fail.  etc etc etc..  tired of messing with it.  Bought two Fire TV Stick 4K's today to replace the Roku's in my house.  

Apple released a new version of their channel yesterday, but I haven't tested it. My guess is they aren't going to prioritize the Roku app when they'd rather sell you an Apple TV box. 

Dan

0 Kudos
HK2013

Jump to solution

I am having another kind of problem for Apple TV app on Roku streaming stick plus 3810x the Apple TV app is unavailable in your region by the way I am in Hong Kong and Apple TV plus already launched here and working fine on apple devices and web app.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@HK2013 wrote:

I am having another kind of problem for Apple TV app on Roku streaming stick plus 3810x the Apple TV app is unavailable in your region by the way I am in Hong Kong and Apple TV plus already launched here and working fine on apple devices and web app.

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter if Apple TV is available on other devices in your location. Apple has to authorize the Roku device for the location, and apparently they haven't done so. You'll have to contact Apple and ask them to add it to the approved list. Roku has no control over that. 

Dan

0 Kudos
leo1020
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is horrible.  Apple has pulled money out of my account for three months for various addons and their app is still not working.  I've tried to contact them and can't reach them and I've tried all the ideas posted in this feed.

I would just like for them to stop taking my money for a **bleep** app.

0 Kudos
Jaxco
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

None of these solutions work, I cannot login on any of my 4 Roku devices.  I have reset them all, gone through the uninstall/install process many times each.  I know when I have been beaten.  

The app does not work.

And I have iOS devices so I have had iTunes store ID for some time.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Jaxco wrote:

None of these solutions work, I cannot login on any of my 4 Roku devices.  I have reset them all, gone through the uninstall/install process many times each.  I know when I have been beaten.  

The app does not work.

And I have iOS devices so I have had iTunes store ID for some time.

Specifically, which Roku devices do you have? Model numbers, please, not names. Apple TV isn't supported on all devices. 

Dan

0 Kudos