Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Apple TV app "not available in your region"

Jump to solution

I've had the Apple TV app on Roku for a while, and up to today it's been working. I have it on Roku Ultra and Roku 3, both of which are compatible, according to Apple.

When I went to the app today on Roku 3, it asked for sign-in, even though I had already done that. When I tried signing in with a mobile device (much easier) it returned a message about a bad token, so I signed in using my Apple ID and password, and it returned the message:

"We're sorry, this app is not currently available in your region."

I'm in the United States, which should be available. I can't find a direct line to Apple Support for their TV app (only their device is listed under TV) so I asked their community and I'm waiting for an answer, if there is one. However, I see there are similar problems posted here, so what the heck.

Following one of many threads on channel problems, I checked the Roku firmware (up to date), then uninstalled Apple TV, restarted my Roku, and reinstalled Apple TV. Now the mobile device sign-in doesn't work at all, and signing in with my ID and password just cycles and cycles.

(I've suggestions to contact the app supplier for problems. I've done that here, but it's not my first time in that cycle, and it's always the same: Roku blames the channel, the channel blames Roku, and I'm stuck with an unsolvable problem. So please don't post that suggestion.)

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Apple TV app "not available in your region"

Jump to solution

Well, for reasons beyond my understanding, the problem cleared itself up. I have a feeling that there was a problem at Apple's server that was returning whatever error message was handy. I was even able to sign in with my Android phone.

Thanks anyway for having a look.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Well, for reasons beyond my understanding, the problem cleared itself up. I have a feeling that there was a problem at Apple's server that was returning whatever error message was handy. I was even able to sign in with my Android phone.

Thanks anyway for having a look.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution
Thanks for reporting back. Now nobody will waste time asking questions and making suggestions trying to help solve the problem. It's really a shame how few people take the time to do this.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos