Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atysick
Level 7

Apple TV app no Audio not working

The audio isnt playing on my apple tv app on my Roku tv. It was working fine last week. I have tried several fixes with no luck including:

• Uninstalling the apple tv app, restarting the tv and downloading the apple tv app again
  • Checking for updates on app and tv itself (none available)
  • Changing audio settings (ex. changing from auto to stero, etc.) no change.
  • Factory Resetting Roku TV 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can try. I'm really puzzled. All other apps are playing audio normally. Video plays fine on the app, just no sound. Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Apple TV app no Audio not working

Are you connecting to/through an AVR/Soundbar via ARC?

If so, have you restarted your AVR/soundbar or disconnected them/switched to internal speakers and checked again?

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atysick
Level 7

No, I'm using the TV's built in speaker. I have no external speaker

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Try:

1) Changing Settings/Audio/HDMI=Dolby Digital (ATV uses DD for non-Atmos content) - try again

2) Unplug Roku TV from AC for 10-15 mins - try again

FYI, there was an ATV app update (7.0.126) a few days ago (Monday) - this probably the source of the onset of your ATV app lacking audio.

I recommend giving feedback (highlight the ATV app,/Options,/Give us Feedback/Poor video or audio quality) and also contacting Apple:   https://support.apple.com/contact.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos