Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tico10
Level 7

Apple TV app issue

I seem to have two issues with the Apple App. 
1. Why does it ALWAYS sign you out if I switch to another channel. Making you have to sign in everyone I want to watch. 
2. the other issue is the fact that if you walk away in pause mode, after a while it kicks off the show your watching and makes you start at the beginning rather than remembering where you left off. Very annoying. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: Apple TV app issue

@Tico10 wrote:

I seem to have two issues with the Apple App. 
1. Why does it ALWAYS sign you out if I switch to another channel. Making you have to sign in everyone I want to watch. 

It doesn't do that for me. That's not how the app behaves. There must be an issue with your installation of the app, perhaps some corrupt data.

Try these steps, all of them, in this order.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

Again, all three steps, in that order. Mix up the order and it's wrong.

@Tico10 wrote:

2. the other issue is the fact that if you walk away in pause mode, after a while it kicks off the show your watching and makes you start at the beginning rather than remembering where you left off. Very annoying. 

I'm unable to address that. If I am going to be away for an extended time, I never pause, but rather end the stream. I only pause long enough for something quick.

See if after you try the steps regarding issue 1, if issue 2 is also resolved.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos