Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DianaZiggyStar
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV all not loading.

Jump to solution

I have been talking to Apple support for the past month and they've found nothing after several requests.  They've told me to contact Roku support to get a problem case number and they would talk directly to Roku about it.  I don't have a whole lot of faith in this.  I've been made several promises and none have come through...

DianaZiggyStar
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just connected my roku to a different tv and it works fine. I think it’s my tv!  
and, by the way, there was no way I could get roku support on this. When I tried, it said no phone support was available for this topic. Only this forum which obviously didn’t help either (I tried all the re loading and re booting as suggested.  

JMG1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Some Apple+ programs load, some do not. No issues on any other Roku app.  I suspect that since this Roku is farthest from the wireless router, different programs have varying bandwidth needs, but that is just a guess.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JMG1

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, are you experiencing this issue with other Roku devices that are closer to your wireless router?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DianaZiggyStar
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have 2 Roku devices and neither one works on my Vizio TV which is further away from the router.  I did try them with my Samsung TV and they work fine.  It's a little closer to the router but is on the other side of a brick wall.  Both TV's show I'm getting a strong internet signal and I have no problem getting other apps (Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, Amazon and more).  

0 Kudos
NLB2022

Jump to solution

Solved the issue!  Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DianaZiggyStar

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, when you state that the Roku devices are not working on the Vizio TV, are they inoperable completely, or are they just not working with Apple TV?

For troubleshooting purposes, when connecting to the Vizio TV, have you tried connecting the Roku devices to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DianaZiggyStar
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Only Apple - all my other apps work fine and I have good internet connection

0 Kudos
JMG1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R I investigated the issue with Apple TV+ and narrowed down the cause - which is the Roku Ultra.

1. I have multiple Roku devices - 2 sticks, 1 ultra

2. Apple+ works perfectly on sticks.

3. On Ultra, problem specific to some programs. Slow Horses doesn't work when starting a new episode. It does work for other TV programs, but random. Oddly it sometimes works when an episode is started on another Roku device and then picked up on the Ultra, but not always. Used to have a similar problem with other programs such as Ted Lasso, but seems to be working now.

4. Not a bandwidth problem. Switched Ultra to Hotspot cellular and same problem.

5. Restarting, and replacing the app does not solve the problem.

So issue is something with the Roku Ultra and interplay with Apple App, particularly when starting certain programs. Sounds odd given inconsistency between shows, but that is the behavior.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DianaZiggyStar @JMG1

Thanks for the posts.

If you are only experiencing this issue with Apple TV+, have you already tried contacting the channel provider to see what insight they can provide? Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos