Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SPrice809
Reel Rookie

Apple TV all not loading.

Jump to solution

My Apple TV app won't load; it just cycles back to the screen where I started. This is a new problem. I'm using a Roku Sharp TV. I've tried updating the app, as well as removing the channel and re-installing it. It says it is Version 8.1, Build 84. This was working fine until just recently.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Apple TV all not loading.

Jump to solution

@SPrice809 

When you removed it, did you reboot the Roku before you reinstalled it?

1. Remove the app.
  2. Reboot the Roku. Don't turn it off and back on. Do a restart via the menu.
  3. Reinstall the app.

All three steps in that order.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

Bartwick
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is a bug in Apple TV app causing this problem and rebooting the roku/reloading the app won't help. Sure it may help some, but many people have reported issues with the Apple TV app where most programs won't play but a random select few do.

This problem has existed for many months and why both Roku and Apple fail to acknowledge it is a mystery.

A fix has been been posted to change the HDMI audio setting. Roku has changed the menu structure so the previously posted directions can't be followed. To make the change using the new menu: 

Settings —> Audio —> Digital output format —> Custom —> Dolby

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@SPrice809 

When you removed it, did you reboot the Roku before you reinstalled it?

1. Remove the app.
  2. Reboot the Roku. Don't turn it off and back on. Do a restart via the menu.
  3. Reinstall the app.

All three steps in that order.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

SPrice809
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just checked, and Apple TV is working just fine on the other 2 TVs in the house. The only difference is that the other 2 are Roku devices rather than the built-in version in the Sharp TV, but this problem just started on our "main" TV.

0 Kudos
SPrice809
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Is that the "system restart?"

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@SPrice809 

Yes.

DBDukes

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Be sure the Roku is up to date

0 Kudos
Bobog

Jump to solution

This solved the problem I had with Apple TV in Roku.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Una7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This did not work for me. I have the latest version of Roku Express with advanced display options. My older Express without it plays all videos. It also updated the Apple app today. The new Roku Express didn't.

I have also tried all the suggestions of changing the display settings. What worked temporarily was I unplugged the Roku, turned off my TV and reconnectrd my network and then restarted it. It worked for 2 episodes and then stopped. I think its an issue with the latest Express model. Can you please ask Apple to update the Apple app for this model? 

0 Kudos
NanaNise

Jump to solution

Does anyone have another suggestion?
I have updated my Roku (4660 ultra), updated the channel, deleted the channel, did a restart from the system menu then reloaded Apple TV and nothing has helped. I don’t know what else to do. Any other ideas?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Una7 @NanaNise

Thanks for the post.

We would first try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If you are still experiencing an issue, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator