Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarenO54
Level 7

Apple TV+ Service?

Jump to solution

Does this also apply to Apple TV Plus, which begins on Nov. 1st? The Apple TV channel is available to install, but I don't see Plus anywhere.

[Post moved, topic title updated]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Apple TV+ Service?

Jump to solution

@KarenO54 

Channel service and feature availability is controlled directly by each channel provider. I'd recommend following up with Apple TV support for more details regarding Apple TV+ availability on the Roku platform. https://www.apple.com/contact/ They'll be able to help answer your questions! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

9 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

@KarenO54 wrote:

Does this also apply to Apple TV Plus, which begins on Nov. 1st? The Apple TV channel is available to install, but I don't see Plus anywhere.

They will probably provide a channel update when TV+ becomes available. Maybe the next day or so, or they might wait until they go live with the service. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@KarenO54 

Channel service and feature availability is controlled directly by each channel provider. I'd recommend following up with Apple TV support for more details regarding Apple TV+ availability on the Roku platform. https://www.apple.com/contact/ They'll be able to help answer your questions! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

I just received an updated Apple TV channel on my Roku. I have a feeling it will be the one that supports TV+, as it mentions it's coming on Nov 1. It allowed me to add one of their new shows to the Up Next list. My guess is Nov 1 something within the app will activate to show TV+.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
RJC
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 2 that says it will be available 1 November 2019 but it isn't! I've updated the system but to no avail! What's up here?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@RJC You can see the list of Roku device models that the Apple TV channel supports here: https://support.roku.com/article/360036652634-how-do-i-use-the-apple-tv-channel-on-my-roku-streaming...

If you have any further questions or need more help, please reference the previous post and reach out to Apple support. You can contact them here: https://www.apple.com/contact/ 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dream-Cypher
Level 8

Streaming stick does not support AppleTV?

Jump to solution

I have a roku Streaming Stick 3600x (Actually 2 of them), and have just learned that they cannot support Apple TV+.  This is the final straw.  What good is a streaming device that cannot support new services?  This device is less than 2 years old.

Goodbye Roku.

atc98092
Level 15

Re: Streaming stick does not support AppleTV? Goodbye Roku

Jump to solution

@Dream-Cypher wrote:

I have a roku Streaming Stick 3600x (Actually 2 of them), and have just learned that they cannot support Apple TV+.  This is the final straw.  What good is a streaming device that cannot support new services?  This device is less than 2 years old.

Goodbye Roku.

That's not a Roku decision. Apple decided which devices to support, and there's been many complaints about unsupported players. But you'd have to talk to Apple about it. Roku has no control over that.

FYI: The 3600 Stick was released in April 2016, so it's 3 1/2 years old, not less than two. That may have been when you got it, but it's an older model than that. I have one myself, and overall it's a good device. No idea why Apple isn't supporting it or the Roku 4.

Dan
0 Kudos
Dream-Cypher
Level 8

Jump to solution

Having had some time to think about it, I guess the blame does belong on Apple, but it is very frustrating that a device that is otherwise perfectly good cannot keep up.  These old streaming devices just keep getting retired it seems.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

I agree. The 3600 is still a great player. I use mine when I travel, and it's still quite functional. It is a puzzle why they don't support it, but there might be something in the channel programming that requires a more powerful device. Only they know...

Dan
0 Kudos