Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Apple TV+ Not available on Sharp Roku smart TV.

I have a Roku account and I have 3 Roku TV’s. One Sharp model #LC-43LB371U and 2 TCL’s. The only one that does not support Apple TV+ is the Sharp, yet it is not mentioned on the list put out by Roku. I want to know. It my Sharp tv not compatible.  I put it back to factory settings in the hopes I could restart as a new tv with my acct and it will add all my channels. Of the 118 channels in my acct. I can only see 103 on the Sharp tv. And Apple TV is missing.   Very disappointed!  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Apple TV+ Not available on Sharp Roku smart TV.

@Juli wrote:

I have a Roku account and I have 3 Roku TV’s. One Sharp model #LC-43LB371U and 2 TCL’s. The only one that does not support Apple TV+ is the Sharp, yet it is not mentioned on the list put out by Roku. I want to know. It my Sharp tv not compatible.  I put it back to factory settings in the hopes I could restart as a new tv with my acct and it will add all my channels. Of the 118 channels in my acct. I can only see 103 on the Sharp tv. And Apple TV is missing.   Very disappointed!  

At first I thought this was the same Sharp TV I have, but after checking its specs I realize it's an older model. I agree that Apple (and Disney) have done a terrible job of confirming their supported models. The list you mention as put out by Roku is actually what Apple has given them. So it's Apple that has bad information. 

When I looked up the specs of your TV, I noticed that it is a 2015 model. Certainly not that old, but it does appear that Apple has drawn an unknown line in the sand for supported devices. My Sharp TV is a 2017 model, and Apple TV+ is on it. 

I believe the problem companies like Apple and Disney are failing to acknowledge is that the name of a Roku model is often used for more than one version, sometimes spread over several years and vastly different internal components. When they make a blanket statement that they support all "Roku TV" or "Roku 2" models, they might be including models not actually supported. The developers of the Apple TV+ channel didn't accurately communicate to their marketing department what they are supporting, and the developers are the only ones that know for sure which models they are permitting the channel to work on. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos