Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmikiet

apple tv

Jump to solution

how do i install apple tv on my roku3

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: apple tv

Jump to solution

@cmikiet 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For information on how to add Apple TV to your device, visit our Support page here: How do I use the Apple TV channel on my Roku streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SilentumX

Roku TV 6114X missing AppleTV Channel

Jump to solution

What is it about the 6114X that it cant have AppleTV? Is my awesome 4k Roku TV becoming obsolete already?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV 6114X missing AppleTV Channel

Jump to solution

I wasn't aware that any TV was incompatible. Are you located somewhere that the channel might not be available on a Roku device? 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SilentumX  The Apple TV channel does not support 5000 and 6000 series Roku TVs. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/360036652634-how-do-i-use-the-apple-tv-channel-on-my-roku-streaming...

For more information, we'd recommend following up with the channel provider directly. https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=sitemap&PRKEYS=

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
kingdave

Jump to solution

This is the most mind boggling thing ever. It installed just fine on my Roku 3, but my newer and better Roku 4 isn’t supported?

my cynical guess is that Apple wants to encourage people to buy the Apple TV 4K. If people can get Apple TV+ on their high quality devices then they won’t be motivated to shell out for the Apple hardware. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@kingdave wrote:

This is the most mind boggling thing ever. It installed just fine on my Roku 3, but my newer and better Roku 4 isn’t supported?

Just a guess, but since the Roku 4 is the only 4K player that doesn't support HDR, it could be that they don't want to support non-HDR 4K. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RJM1

Roku and AppleTV+

Jump to solution

I have an older Roku device (5 years old) and I cannot play content from my AppleTV+ subscription. I know Apple doesn’t play nicely with non-Apple products, but I read articles claiming it would work with Roku. 

addendum - sorry to have posted in the wrong category. My issue was solved easily by reading the support troubleshooting articles.

0 Kudos
Greydog

Re: Roku and AppleTV+

Jump to solution

Resolved Apple +  no play issue on Roku 4k by following "Settings -- Display--- change from Auto detect to 4k 60".... 

Error message from Apple was "no internet connection" ... this resolved and now all plays perfectly.

0 Kudos
Eman22

Re: Apple TV+ on Roku 4

Jump to solution

Since the Roku4 is the top of the line device, The only thing it can be is that it was Roku’s decision to not include Apple TV on Roku4 in order to move other Roku product inventory.  Let’s face it, we all bought the Roku4 for a reason, it was their top of the line. Now in order to watch Apple TV, I have to replace my Roku 4 with a lesser model.  Not going to happen.  If I have to purchase another device in order to watch Apple TV,  I would rather buy an Apple TV (box) and use It on HDMI-2 than buy another Roku product. 

0 Kudos