Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbrome
Level 7

Re: Apple TV+ on Roku 4

Jump to solution

I'm confused by the support article that lists compatible devices. It says Apple TV+ supports Roku TV model "7000X". Does that mean all 7000-series models? Because it works with my 7103X, but does not appear on my 7128X. Why is that?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Apple TV+ on Roku 4

Jump to solution

@rbrome wrote:

I'm confused by the support article that lists compatible devices. It says Apple TV+ supports Roku TV model "7000X". Does that mean all 7000-series models? Because it works with my 7103X, but does not appear on my 7128X. Why is that?



I agree that the Disney support page is rather vague about the supported models. But beyond the supported hardware, your TV also needs Roku OS 9.2. Is it possible that one of your TVs has 9.2 but the other is still on 9.1? I know that 9.2 is in the midst of its rollout, and not all devices have it yet. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
ronasrules
Level 7

Why doesn’t my Roku Streaming Stick (purple) support Apple TV?

Jump to solution

I can’t find or add Apple TV.  Why not?

0 Kudos
Alyc19
Level 7

Do I need a new Roku?

Jump to solution

Do I need to purchase a new Roku in order to download the apple tv app? I can't find it on my current Roku player.

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lgodave
Level 9

Re: Do I need a new Roku?

Jump to solution

@Alyc19 

Did you try adding it to your Roku Account directly? So it'd be added to "all" your compatible/linked Roku devices automatically?
What model #(s) are you not seeing the app available on?

0 Kudos
rojo
Level 7

I have roku in 2 bedrooms. one room has a new roku express and the other is 2 maybe 3 years old. on the older one I can not get appletv. why is that?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 17

Re: appletv

Jump to solution

@rojo wrote:

I have roku in 2 bedrooms. one room has a new roku express and the other is 2 maybe 3 years old. on the older one I can not get appletv. why is that?


Apple is only supporting the newest Roku players. I'd have to know what model number your older one is to tell if it's supported or not. The Roku 4, which is four years old, it not supported, but there are a few that are older that are being supported. It isn't logical which ones they support and which they don't. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
wildsprite
Level 9

Re: appletv

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

@rojo wrote:

I have roku in 2 bedrooms. one room has a new roku express and the other is 2 maybe 3 years old. on the older one I can not get appletv. why is that?


Apple is only supporting the newest Roku players.


that is not a correct statement, my Aunt has 2 Roku 3 devices which are at least 5 years old and they can use Apple TV. what Apple is doing is supporting the players with enough processing power to use them and are not unique. the first gen express model (3700/3710) is not very powerful and that was corrected in the second gen express model (3900/3910) .

 the Roku 4 I still believe is not supported because it is unique in both its specs and shape/size. no other model repeated the specs or the shape/size of the Roku 4. if you look at the supported Roku models all of them have other models that have like specs. 

here is a list of the compatible roku devices:  

  • Roku TV 7000X, C000X, 8000X, A000X
  • Roku Smart Soundbar 9101X
  • onn Roku Smart Soundbar 9100X
  • Roku Express 3900X, 3930X
  • Roku Express+ 3910X, 3931X
  • Roku HD 3932X
  • Roku Streaming Stick 3800X
  • Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810X, 3811X
  • Roku Premiere 3920X, 4620X
  • Roku Premiere+ 3921X, 4630X
  • Roku Ultra 4640X, 4660X, 4661X, 4670X
  • Roku Ultra LT 4662X
  • Roku 2 4205X, 4210X
  • Roku 3 4200X, 4230X

 

 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 17

Re: appletv

Jump to solution

@wildsprite wrote:

@atc98092 wrote:

@rojo wrote:

I have roku in 2 bedrooms. one room has a new roku express and the other is 2 maybe 3 years old. on the older one I can not get appletv. why is that?


Apple is only supporting the newest Roku players.


that is not a correct statement, my Aunt has 2 Roku 3 devices which are at least 5 years old and they can use Apple TV. what Apple is doing is supporting the players with enough processing power to use them and are not unique. the first gen express model (3700/3710) is not very powerful and that was corrected in the second gen express model (3900/3910) .

 the Roku 4 I still believe is not supported because it is unique in both its specs and shape/size. no other model repeated the specs or the shape/size of the Roku 4. if you look at the supported Roku models all of them have other models that have like specs. 

here is a list of the compatible roku devices:  

  • Roku TV 7000X, C000X, 8000X, A000X
  • Roku Smart Soundbar 9101X
  • onn Roku Smart Soundbar 9100X
  • Roku Express 3900X, 3930X
  • Roku Express+ 3910X, 3931X
  • Roku HD 3932X
  • Roku Streaming Stick 3800X
  • Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810X, 3811X
  • Roku Premiere 3920X, 4620X
  • Roku Premiere+ 3921X, 4630X
  • Roku Ultra 4640X, 4660X, 4661X, 4670X
  • Roku Ultra LT 4662X
  • Roku 2 4205X, 4210X
  • Roku 3 4200X, 4230X

Yeah, I should have said newer players, with some exceptions. I was mixing up ATV and Disney+. Smiley Frustrated The Roku 4 really doesn't make any sense though, with the one possible exception in that it's the only 4K player that doesn't support HDR. Sure, it has some hardware differences, but it still runs the same Roku OS as the other players. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Why doesn’t my Roku Streaming Stick (purple) support Apple TV?

Jump to solution

[post merged with already existing thread]

@ronasrules @Alyc19 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that not all Roku streaming devices support the Apple TV channel.

For more information on if your Roku device is compatible with the Apply TV channel, visit our Support page here: How do I use the Apple TV channel on my Roku® streaming device?


Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos